Page 91 of 112 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu on Eee PC T101MT

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Ubuntu on Eee PC T101MT

Hi,

Just did a fresh install of Natty beta 2 and did an upgrade after install. Wanted to report what I have:

1. touchscreen works; xournal works.
    2. two finger touchPAD works after enabling in the mouse options.
    3. no upside down camera in cheese; will test firefox and skype later
    4. have not tested microphone yet.
    5. function keys (volume, brightness) work.
    6. brightness seems to always be dimmed when system starts. installed "eeepc-brightness-workaround" but this doesn't fix it. did the /etc/rc.local method, still no go. brightness is always dimmed when system starts.
    7. suspend works, but touchscreen no longer works after coming back from suspend.
    8. hibernate does not work: when i come back, i see my mouse cursor on a black screen, with some fuzzy lines from the graphics. i tried this after coming back from suspend.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by bakinsoda View Post
    Hi,

Just did a fresh install of Natty beta 2 and did an upgrade after install. Wanted to report what I have:

1. touchscreen works; xournal works.
    2. two finger touchPAD works after enabling in the mouse options.
    3. no upside down camera in cheese; will test firefox and skype later
    4. have not tested microphone yet.
    5. function keys (volume, brightness) work.
    6. brightness seems to always be dimmed when system starts. installed "eeepc-brightness-workaround" but this doesn't fix it. did the /etc/rc.local method, still no go. brightness is always dimmed when system starts.
    7. suspend works, but touchscreen no longer works after coming back from suspend.
    8. hibernate does not work: when i come back, i see my mouse cursor on a black screen, with some fuzzy lines from the graphics. i tried this after coming back from suspend.
    did the same and my findings
    1, confirm
    2, confirm
    3, cheese is fine , skype is upside down
    4, microphone ok if loading padevchooser and tweak as mentioned before
    5, confirm
    6, mine seems ok
    7, never use it cannot confirm
    8, never use it cannot confirm

the killer for me is the loss of network speed from AR9285 ath9k bug, I hope they fix this soon.
    Last edited by Kevrox; April 23rd, 2011 at 11:40 AM.

Beans

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/T101MT#SKYPE

this works for skype in natty to get camera working
    yippy

Beans

Hi guys, I am trying to get the rotate screen working and am a bit lost. I am running Zorin os4 (based on ubuntu 10.10). I have looked through this thread and still no wiser, on the t101mt ubuntu wiki it lists various touchrotate commands and then at the end it says the following --In order to execute the command, click on the right column and press the key to be used for the shortcut e.g. the screen rotation key below the display---
    I do not understand that bit especially where it says CLICK ON THE RIGHT COLUMN ?

Is there a easy way to get the screen rotate to work - I did try the grotate app but it did ot install ????

thanks in advance

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by whammy774 View Post
    Is there a easy way to get the screen rotate to work - I did try the grotate app but it did ot install ????
    If you are using the first generation screen then have a look at this post http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...&postcount=787
    To err is human - to really f*ck up you need a computer

Beans
    Distro

Hi all. I've just recently gotten my Asus T101MT, and installed Ubuntu 10.10 on it. From the help in this thread, pretty much everything is working great. The only problem that I'm running into is that whenever I turn the screen and put my netbook into 'tablet mode', and then move it back and put the netbook back into 'laptop mode', the touch screen won't work. The only way to fix this that I've found is to restart my netbook. But since I use Xournal to write notes for my classes, it isn't a very good fix. Is there a way to fix this? I have installed the utouch ppa for the multitouch on the screen, and I also have the egalax driver installed. I'm new to Ubuntu, so sorry in advance if I didn't give enough information.

Beans
    Distro

@Plippo: there is a problem with your package eeepc-brightness-workaround. I tried to reinstall it, to see if brightness worked again in Natty, and I couldn't do it. Tried to remove, but failed, and anytime I try to upgrade the system, it tries to reinstall eeepc-brightness-workaround but can't.
    Have a good easter day
    Ric

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by coffen View Post
    I simplified the script by calling Plippos touchrotate from it.
    This way you can have the screen to rotate clockwise each time the button is pressed.
    Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    while true
    do
        acpi=$(acpi_listen -c 1 |sed -e 's/ +/ /g'|cut -d' ' -f 3)

if [ $acpi == "0000007b" ] 
        then
          touchrotate toright
        fi
    done
    I like this behaviour since I usually want to have the device upside down as a tablet.
    Now I simply press the button twice to get the screen upside down

Thanks

I was also thinking of implementing a delay (like in Windoze) to prevent accidentally rotaing the device.
    I'll post back if I decide to do that.
    Thanks Coffen - now have screen rotating - cheers

Beans

Hi, back again, Coffen has shown me how to rotate the screen using the command which I ran in a terminal, I have found I have to run this command every time I boot up the system - is this correct (sorry I am a relative newby to running commands in terminal).

The other thing is how do I get the right click function to work using the stylus on the screen - is this possible ????

thanks again

Beans
    Distro

...I have found I have to run this command every time I boot up the system - is this correct...
    You can set the script to run automatically. Just add it to: System - Preferences - Startup Applications.

The other thing is how do I get the right click function to work using the stylus on the screen - is this possible ????
    In Preferences - Mouse - Accessibility you can tick the checkbox "Trigger secondary click by holding down the primary button"
    To err is human - to really f*ck up you need a computer

Page 91 of 112 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast