• All but a few fn function keys
    • The rotate button
    • Simulated right-click when using the touchscreen alone
    • Maximum brightness
    • Support in gimp
    • A special touchscreen edition of mypaint
    • An accurate calibration tool

Issues we still have:

• Camera is fussy. The only webcam programs that see it are cheese and guvcvideo. Cheese won't take anything but pictures, and video and sound become out of sync in guvcvideo unless captured at a very low resolution (and even then it sometimes goes out of sync) I'm unable to get it to work in any sort of video chat, though I don't know that anyone else has tried. (I'm the only person so far to note this, so I can't guarantee it isn't a singular incident)
    • The touchscreen driver has to be restarted if you close the computer, but (atleast for me) not if you simply leave it open and let it go to screensaver.
    • A couple people (including me) can't get the sound output to change automatically (i.e. when inserting headphones) You can work around this by doing it manually in sound preferences.
    • One person couldn't get the camera to be right-side up with our fix. You can work around this in most video capture programs.
    • One person (me) keeps getting wiggly lines in gimp when using the touchscreen.
    • Some think the rotate button goes too fast. You can work around this by setting the command for the rotate script to a keystroke, key combination, or a desktop launcher.

I probably forgot something, but you can basically assume that if it isn't on either of these lists, it worked all along.

~Miss Norton

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Ubuntu on Eee PC T101MT

Sweet! Hopefully I'll be ordering one shortly then. How does the gfx card in it handle compiz?

~Jeff

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

@mrspacklecrisp: Hi, maybe you get wiggly line in gimp because you tried but didn't uninstall EETI driver? Just guessing, it happened to me before I used Plippo's drivers (thanks again for them!).

@beastrace91: I used the regular gnome version of ubuntu, and I noticed compiz works fine. With 3d cube, effects and so on.
    Last edited by riccardo.depalo; May 13th, 2010 at 12:00 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

@riccardo.depalo: Thanks for the hint with the EETI driver, but uninstalling it unfortunately didn't help, lines are still wiggly in GIMP. I guess it's really only a GIMP issue as no other program seems to have this issue.

Oh, and don't thank me for the driver - it's great you like it, but I only compiled and packaged it. Thank StCh who created it!
    Last edited by Plippo; May 13th, 2010 at 09:45 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hi,
    i've been working and playing with the t101mt and ubuntu for more than a day now and I'm very happy with it.

Having had some time to get the context of the system I reread the thread and I have a couple of questions:

1. patched hid-egalax.c
    What was @Plippo refering with this post? I've searched all my system for the file and I haven't found it so I guess replacing an old one is not an option.
    Maybe I do not need to. I installed the kernel module following the current link from the first post. I don't know if the first post was already edited to the last version when I downloaded it.

2. brightness
    I think I'm also having some problems with the brightness.

I made the changes to the grub as indicated by @mrspacklecrisp here.

But it seems to me that I still get more brightness from windows that from linux. Is there any way to know if the change worked?

I don't know if it's usuarl but
    Code:
    cat /proc/acpi/video/VGA/LCDD/brightness
    gives me
    Code:
    <not supported>
    3. hibernation
    Also I can not return my system from hibernation. It hangs at "resuming from /dev/disk/someverylongid"

Is there something I need to do before being able to use hibernation?

Finally to add to the answer @mrspacklecrisp gave @beastrace91 I must say I am having no problems with the headphones nor the orientation of the camera.

Thanks all of you for your time!
    _Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere_ Carl Sagan

Beans

Hello,
    Thanks for the useful info & drivers. I'm very happy with my t101mt with Debian squeeze now!!!.

The system is running an 2.6.33-4 vanilla kernel, and runs fine, and i am trying my solutions. I wrote an helper to rotate screen what notifies the orientation and uses acpi in place the gnome keyboard shortcuts, the daemon needs one parameter extra because the rotate button emits two signals on push and release:

grotate twoclicks

I hope that works for you

grotate_0.1.orig.tar.gz (source)

grotate_0.1-1_i386.deb.gz (binary deb package)

P.D. Sorry for my terrible english, i do not practice so much....

Beans

Has anyone gotten multitouch (2finger scroll, zoom in/out, rotate) to work on the T101MT trackpad?

I'm using the Netbook remix, apart from only having one workspace, other things seems to work ok as per advice from this thread. Many thanks to all contributors. However, recently I had 2 problems appearing:

1. A message saying "cannot update .ICEAuthority" keeps popping up at boot up, although it goes away after I clicked OK. Has anyone a solution to this? I found some threads on this suggesting to delete the .ICEAuthority file, which I did. But the same problem remains.

2. Openoffice writer keeps popping up at startup although I did not add it to the startup list. How to stop this?

Beans
    Distro

@hanoc:
    1.) The post you referring to describes manually compiling of the kernel module. If you have installed the package from the first post, you don't have to do this.

2.) The seems to be normal, I also get it on another notebook.

3.) I'm also experiencing this problem. Don't know where it comes from, doesn't seem to have sth to do with the driver as it also happens when I unload it before. There are also no log entries, so I don't have any clue right now.

@chavi:
    Thanks very much for the app, looks promising, I'll try it out later.

@tlimsisnw:
    Two finger scrolling works for me, the rest not. I can post some instructions later how you can make it work, it's quite easy. Multiple workspaces definitely also work for me, I'll have to look where's the correct setting. About the applications starting automatically: Have you maybe set "remember running applications at logout" in the startup settings application?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I noticed that webcam works fine with cheese or xawtv, with the workaround provided by this forum, but the picture is still upside down using skype. Did anyone get the same problem?

Beans
    Distro

The problem is that skype uses its own version of the video library, not the modified one. You should be able to fix this by calling skype using the following command:
    Code:
    LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libv4l/v4l1compat.so skype
    You can change the entry in the menu to use this command so you don't have to type it every time.

Page 6 of 112 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast