Page 53 of 112 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu on Eee PC T101MT

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Ubuntu on Eee PC T101MT

@tlimsisnw: Looks like a temporary network problem, please just try again.

Beans

Thanks, it did work now.

Beans

Plippo: Twofing has a slight bug in that the spot directly under the fingers tend to over-run the final position where the finger stops, i.e. if the fingers are continuous in touch with the screen during dragging. This may be due to the kinetic. Would be good if this could be rectified for better control. Thanks for the PPA, its a great help for updates.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I added just a few notes about the bugs in the end of the wiki, for anybody interested. Hoping they will be fixed for Ubuntu soon. The Maverick wiki was deleted, and only one is available, so it's easier for any user.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/T101MT

@Plippo: I saw you uploaded a deb file to get two finger scrolling with the touchpad. That's nice, so it works now also in Maverick.
    Last edited by riccardo.depalo; October 13th, 2010 at 11:05 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

@riccardo:
    Thanks, I edited it a bit so users know that these bugs have no effect if they follow the instructions. The kernel bug has already been fixed upstream in the linux kernel and thus will most likely be fixed at least in Ubuntu 11.04.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by Plippo View Post
    @riccardo:
    Thanks, I edited it a bit so users know that these bugs have no effect if they follow the instructions. The kernel bug has already been fixed upstream in the linux kernel and thus will most likely be fixed at least in Ubuntu 11.04.
    Very well done, Plippo. I wonder if also bugs related to screen brightness and webcam appearing upside/down can be fixed.
    Last edited by riccardo.depalo; October 14th, 2010 at 10:30 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Hi everyone,

I recently did a fresh install of Ubuntu 10.10 on this netbook. Glad to see that both suspend and hibernate works out of the box.

I followed wiki pretty closely. I installed t101mt-kernel-driver-new3.tar.gz from source. However, when I do a rotate via 'touchrotate left', the touchscreen doesn't seem to match that of the screen. Anyone else getting this or am I missing something?

Also, does anyone notice that 10.10 appears to be slower than 10.04? Probably due to Unity, although it's supposed to be faster.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by bakinsoda View Post

I followed wiki pretty closely. I installed t101mt-kernel-driver-new3.tar.gz from source. However, when I do a rotate via 'touchrotate left', the touchscreen doesn't seem to match that of the screen. Anyone else getting this or am I missing something?

Disregard this part of my previous post. I did not do:
    sudo apt-get install build-essential fakeroot linux-headers-generic linux-source

Just added that to the wiki to make things more clear. Thanks.

Beans
    Hidden!

This might not be the best place to ask, but I'll give it a shot since the authors are responsive here.

When you guys launch gnome terminal, say via Control + Alt + t, can you guys paste text via Control+Shift+v or through the menu? I can only paste by right-clicking.

Thanks

Beans

I have been using this thread a long time now and I have to tell almost everything worked out pretty fine. I have installed twofing but don't use the touchscreen that much for anything other than single touch open apps and scribbling in Xournal. What I wanted to ask is if all that patches and workarounds that ppl have posted in here will work for the maverick version. Is there anything we gain from the new version? Should I upgrade? Can all the goodies from Maverick be installed in lucid since its an LTS version?

Page 53 of 112 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast