I made a file called skype.sh in the home directory,
    putting on the terminal: sudo gedit skype.sh
    I wrote in it the following line:

LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libv4l/v4l1compat.so skype

then I put in the menu, in the command line:

sh skype.sh

so when you click on the menu, the program starts
    it worked for me very well
    Last edited by riccardo.depalo; May 31st, 2010 at 08:46 AM.

Beans

Re: Ubuntu on Eee PC T101MT

@Riccardo: Thanks for all your help to get the camera right-side-up and the microphone working in Skype. My Skype is finally working properly.

Beans

Lightbulb Re: Ubuntu on Eee PC T101MT

Thank you all (specially to Plippo) for everything. With your work, my t101mt is now much better than when it comes from asus.

I want to share a little finding; Opera Software released Opera Mobile's developer version for Linux, Mac and Windows. Though currently it doesn't support flash, Its awesome onscreen keyboard and perfect UI makes it a wonderful web browser for tablet pcs.

http://www.opera.com/developer/tools/
    http://get.opera.com/pub/.custom/cam...leLinux_35.deb

Note to Plippo: I've the same high cpu usage issues with twofing daemon. As a workaround I'm thinking about writting a little script that watches the cpu usage of X/twofing process and than sending a HUP signal to twofing. What you think? Is this works or are you have any clues about solution of this bug?

Thanks again

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

that's exactly the kind of keyboard I was looking for. It's such a shame that opera is not Free software.
    I am also aware that one of the things that opera does great is resizing the available window space when the keyboard is out and that this is easy for an application to do with it's own space and quite difficult for the whole operating system to accomplish. Anyway that keyboard broke my heart.

BTW I'm having some trouble installing ubuntu on an sd card I know some of you in this thread did that if any of you know how to help I would be grateful.
    _Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere_ Carl Sagan

Beans

Wink Re: Ubuntu on Eee PC T101MT

Hello everyone, i`m liking very much to work with Ubuntu 10.04. I`m having problem with the sleep/hibernate, after coming back from sleep/hibernate, touch screen dosen`t work, can anybody help me.
    Somebody redirect-me to a single post, but i need detailed explanation. I´m new to this.

Best regards

Keep up the good work

Beans

@therightuser: I also found a similar problem with the touchscreen coming back from suspend: with the screen in portrait mode, when resuming from suspend, the touchscreen is out of calibration, need to rotate the screen back to landscape, then back to portrait for the calibration to be rectified. Also, onboard sometimes disappears after returning from suspend so I can't use it to enter the password from the screen. Seems like the screen is somewhat displaced vertically after return from suspend, but this corrects itself after rotating the screen one round.

@Plippo: In addition to the above, I also found that pressing the screen-rotate button (linked to touchrotate.sh) sometimes rotates the screen twice, even with very careful single press. Possible bug somewhere?

@sleytr: Thanks for the Opera link. Love the fluid single touch scrolling and nice keyboard. Wish that onboard were as good.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

@sleytr: Well, it could be a fix, but of course not a true solution for the problem. Normally the daemon should be completely idle while you're not touching the screen - if it's not, it's a bug I have to fix in the daemon.

@therightuser: Are you using the T101MT or a different touch screen? If you have the T101MT, just follow the instructions in the first post of this thread to install the current version of the driver (or re-install if you're already using it), than the touch screen should automatically work after suspend.

@tlimsisnw: Yes, the rotation problem also occurs for me sometimes. I'll try out a little workaround to prevent this and post it if it works. The better solution would be the one provided by chavi earlier in this thread, but currently that doesn't work correctly for me.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

@Plippo: I still have problems of crashes with ubuntu. Usually it happens when I have a browser opened, with twofing loaded and I click on the password for update-manager or synaptic. I still can open a shell with crtl-alt f2 and reboot this way. Maybe a bug with keyring and twofing together?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Plippo View Post
    @therightuser: Are you using the T101MT or a different touch screen? If you have the T101MT, just follow the instructions in the first post of this thread to install the current version of the driver (or re-install if you're already using it), than the touch screen should automatically work after suspend.
    I'm having the same problem with the latest driver and script. Touch screen is working but goes out of calibration. I have to run same rotation command again to fix it. In other words, if I'm working in "touchrotate.sh left" mode, I have to run same command again after resuming from suspend.

Beans

@Plippo : Do you know why the right clic is on the middle of the two finger ? It would be better is it's on the second finger
    Last edited by Hangman228; June 2nd, 2010 at 10:38 PM.

Page 12 of 112 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast