Page 109 of 112 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1117

Thread: Ubuntu on Eee PC T101MT

Beans

Re: Ubuntu on Eee PC T101MT

Quote Originally Posted by psykatog View Post
    So your corner-clicking in KDE is gone? Would you mind translating the fix for the less literate?

PS - Atomp, just curious, have you found any favorite ways to configure KDE for this device?
    @psykatog

Well Plippo proposed deleting the old 70-touchsreen-egalax.rules in /etc/udev/rules.d and then reinstalling the twofing package from the ppa in order to write a new one. This is the only fix that I tried and everything seems to have fixed up nicely, including the jumping cursor.

In reference to your question over KDE configuration, I haven't really configured it any different to my desktop. In that I switched off the netbook mode and went back to a traditional KDE desktop but with smaller interface elements to save screen space. I then use the KDE on-screen keyboard which is perfectly functional and I have the touchrotate options in the favourites of the Application Launcher.

My one gripe over using KDE would be KDM's apparent unwillingness to use an onscreen keyboard on login and lock screens, although I haven't checked yet to see if that was fixed in 4.8.

PS. Sorry about the delayed reply.

Beans

Hi,
    first time experiencing problems with touchrotate: doesn't rotate touch, so it's the same as typing screenrotate. It all began after upgrading to 12.04, eGalax screen. Don't know what to do or what to attach, please help..
    ps never been able to use twofing too!

Beans

@FR333: Try to find out the name of your input device

Code:
    xinput --list
    and if it is correctly used in the touchrotate script (i.e. in the xinput part)
    Last edited by variona; May 25th, 2012 at 05:25 AM.
    AMD64X2: UbuntuStudio 14.10-64bit

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by miegiel View Post
    Maybe this wil fix it: (from Debian User Forums HOWTO: Squeeze on ASUS T101MT, first post step 5)

EDIT:
    Instead of
    Code:
    GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash acpi_osi=Linux acpi_backlight=vendor"
    I'm using
    Code:
    GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash acpi_osi=eeepc-laptop acpi_backlight=vendor"
    in /etc/default/grub now makes the screen even brighter.
    This didn't do anything for me.

Beans

@variona name is eGalax as I said, but I don't know where to check for touchrotate conf files

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by bakinsoda View Post
    This didn't do anything for me.
    You did the sudo update-grub thing after editing /etc/default/grub, right? (just asking)

I'm having some strange effects with it myself. Sometimes it doesn't seem to effect the brightness. And I've removed the stuff from the line in the grub menu (during boot) and my screen stayed bright.

Beans

@FR333

Code:
    which touchrotate
    to find it

then use your favourite editor to view/edit it

Beans

Thanks for the answer!
    But..I don't know what does it mean correctly used though! It seems to be correct. any clues?

Beans

My status report:

(2nd Gen touchscreen)
    o)Upgrade (11.04->11.10->12.04) rendered me without a touch device in xinput --list
    o)Fresh install worked fine but some issues as reported by others (jumpy cursor when rotated using prop 'Coordinate Transformation Matrix', no input rotation when using plippos touchrotate script without twofing). I found no bug report in launchpad.
    o)with twofing touch works, but touchrotate assumes a wrong screen geometry in left and right mode. After rotation, it seems, the input device (Asus Multitouch) still has the geometry of (normal and inverted mode).twofing debug info states, on every rotation event: "No calibration data found, using default values. Calibration: MinX: 0; MaxX: 3478; MinY: 0 MaxY;3478". I tried xinput_calibrator which made things worse, and I looked into twofings code but found nothing obvious to explain why it should behave differently on 2nd generation screens.

Cheers
    Variona
    Last edited by variona; June 22nd, 2012 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Screen blanking didn't occur anymore and touch works now also after suspend.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Anyone got 12.04 working OK with first gen touch screen?

There seems to be some hickups with second gen.
    I'm currently running 10.10 on my first gen and would like to hear comments about 12.4 before updating/re-installing.
    To err is human - to really f*ck up you need a computer

Page 109 of 112 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111 ... LastLast