Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Error message when trying to sync iPod touch 2G

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: Error message when trying to sync iPod touch 2G

Quote Originally Posted by matti_bauer View Post
    I got the same error message with my iPod touch. But after I deleted ".gconf/apps/rhythmbox" it started working.

bye
    matti
    This works for me too, but I only deleted the config file in .gconf/apps/rhythmbox/plugins/ipod and restarted the program,

Thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Cool Re: Error message when trying to sync iPod touch 2G

Hi.

Please tell me where to search for .gconf file as i can't seem to find it.

kartikay@kartikay-laptop:/$ rm .gconf/apps/rhythmbox
    rm: cannot remove `.gconf/apps/rhythmbox': No such file or directory
    kartikay@kartikay-laptop:/$
    kartikay@kartikay-laptop:/$ rmdir .gconf/apps/rhythmbox
    rmdir: failed to remove `.gconf/apps/rhythmbox': No such file or directory

tried searching for it in "Search folder" with the option of checking the hidden files but can't find it.

Thanks in advance,
    Subeh

Beans

I used gconf-editor (sudo gconf-editor in a terminal window), navigated to apps-rhythmbox-plugins-ipod, unchecked "active" in the right pane, restarted rhythmbox (don't know if this was necessary), and it now works.

I don't know how or why it works, but this is true of most things I've learned about Linux.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Arndorfer View Post
    I used gconf-editor (sudo gconf-editor in a terminal window), navigated to apps-rhythmbox-plugins-ipod, unchecked "active" in the right pane, restarted rhythmbox (don't know if this was necessary), and it now works.

I don't know how or why it works, but this is true of most things I've learned about Linux.
    This also worked for me.
    Linux is easy, Comedy is hard...

Beans

...but I only deleted the config file in .gconf/apps/rhythmbox/plugins/ipod and restarted the program...
    This worked for me. THX!
    Last edited by chiccoch; June 7th, 2010 at 09:58 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by matti_bauer View Post
    I got the same error message with my iPod touch. But after I deleted ".gconf/apps/rhythmbox" it started working.

bye
    matti

Worked for my with iOS4 on 3g

Beans

Angry Re: Error message when trying to sync iPod touch 2G

I'm running Linux Mint 9 and get the same message, "Error while getting peer-to-peer dbus connection: The name :1.346 was not provided by any .service files" when trying to add files to my ipod touch (I can play/delete etc. to my heart's content, just can't add).

I followed Kurt Arndorfer's instructions for unchecking "active" for the ipod plugin (thanks for the detail! I would have deleted the whole Rhythmbox folder). (By the way I didn't need to restart Rhythmbox).

This solution didn't work for me, though, because with the plugin deactivated I can't see my ipod in the Rhythmbox sidebar! Thus, I cannot drag any files to it

This may be related to another problem I have, which is that when I first plug in my ipod touch Rhythmbox launches but the ipod doesn't show up in the sidebar. For that to happen I have to disconnect the ipod and reconnect it. Oddly enough, after I've disabled the ipod plugin using gconf ed., when I plug my ipod in Rhythmbox still launches, I just can't get the ipod to show up by plugging it in a second time.

I would really appreciate it if any of you who have had success with this could relieve me from having to boot into Vista to add songs to my Ipod :I

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by fizban9 View Post
    This works for me too, but I only deleted the config file in .gconf/apps/rhythmbox/plugins/ipod and restarted the program,

Thanks!
    That was the question I was going to ask, the whole directory or a specific config file. I'll report back what happens
    Love Ubuntu!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by chudder View Post
    That was the question I was going to ask, the whole directory or a specific config file. I'll report back what happens

So far it seems to work.

I've been told that once you start fiddling with an ipod, if you hook it up to iTunes it will tell you that you've messed it up, etc. is that true?
    Love Ubuntu!

Beans

The solution to remove the rhythmbox config files works like a charm with my updated iphone (ios:4.0.1)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast