Thread: Yoper 2010 Dresden Release

Beans

Yoper 2010 Dresden Release

Kinda bummed out Lucid is final and everything works but would love to do some more testing with another Distro?

We need your help!
    Yoper 2010 is out and back in a way. It kind of teetered on the edge of extinction and then bounced back again. Like it has done a couple times before. There should be no show stoppers in this release but there is always room for improvement. The biggest thing Yoper needs right now is users and lots of input.

Please stop by and give it a go!

Release Announcement
    http://yoper-linux.org/2010/05/yoper...den-available/
    Forums
    http://forums.yoper-linux.org/

On a personal note: This is a great distro for anyone that want's a little more speed out of there system. No it's not going to make your Pentium 4 feel like a i7. Though the apps have a nice snap to them and overall theres a quick feel to the system. Also this IMO is not a distro for someone that wants everything to work first go. It's a hobbyist distro, something to learn from. Although I would love for Yoper to have the support of any of the top distros out there.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Yoper 2010 Dresden Release

I might give this a go on my test box. I used Yoper years ago before it went dormant, and really liked it back then. I am interested to see what has been going on with it lately.
    Do you folks like coffee?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Yoper 2010 Dresden Release

I use yoper for a short while some years ago and didn't like it. There were two package managers which really confused me. Just maybe they have improved it but I don't think I will go back. I am glad they are doing ok though it's sad when distros disappear.