Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help! No Keyboard on login after upgrade to 10.04

Beans

Help! No Keyboard on login after upgrade to 10.04

I just upgraded to 10.04 from 9.04 and I cannot log in to the machine. I tried launching the on-screen keyboard but it just flashes and disappears. Anyone else having this issue?

I also tried attaching a different USB keyboard, but that didn't work either. Any help would be appreciated.

Beans

Re: Help! No Keyboard on login after upgrade to 10.04

Same issue. Ubuntu running in vmware fusion. After upgrade from 9.10 keyboard does not work at the login screen.

Also attempted a clean new install, same problem no keyboard at the login screen...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Same problem for me. PS/2 keyboard works great, but any USB HID device does not.

Beans

Angry Re: Help! No Keyboard on login after upgrade to 10.04

Same here.
    I did a fresh install of 10.04 in VMWare Player on Windows 7 host.
    Anyone have any ideas on how to solve this?

Beans

I have this same problem. Running in VMWare. Was only able to log in after using the on screen keyboard. Is there a fix out there for this problem? Seems kind of silly to upgrade and be expected to not have use of a keyboard.. /c:

As far as using the on screen keyboard. I had to select it and restart the machine a couple times before it remained on screen and I was able to use it.

Beans

Now that I've logged in, the keyboard works as normal. Just thought that I would update that. I will try rebooting to see if continues to be disabled on the login screen.

EDIT: Upon reboot, keyboard still does not work on the login screen. This is kinda a major bug I would think..
    Last edited by auximage; April 30th, 2010 at 03:25 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Dapper Drake Testing/

same issue with 9.04 daily upgrade (NOT upgrade to 10.04). Get login screen, once you log in, screen blinks, and asks you to log in. Onscreen keyboard has same issue. Can't log in at all

Kubuntu 9.10 is apparently having similar issues.

Beans
    Hidden!

Did you try booting 2.6.31 or another kernel other than 2.6.32? You can choose at the boot screen, by pressing down-arrow and choosing the older kernel. If 2.6.32 is the only kernel that doesn't recognize the keyboard, that is probably this bug.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Maybe Ubuntu needs to emulate an old feature in DOS...

"Keyboard failure error. Hit ESCAPE to abort, or RETURN to continue."
    Jonathan Hayward, jonathan.hayward@pobox.com
    I invite you to visit my website, Jonathan's Corner: Read Books Online Free!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by NoBugs! View Post
    Did you try booting 2.6.31 or another kernel other than 2.6.32? You can choose at the boot screen, by pressing down-arrow and choosing the older kernel. If 2.6.32 is the only kernel that doesn't recognize the keyboard, that is probably this bug.
    When I have access to my machine again I will have to give this a try and will let you know the results. That is very interesting.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast