Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wireless Network connection not working after 10.04 intalled

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

Re: Wireless Network connection not working after 10.04 intalled

Worsed release yet. Iphone support? I have two out of three wireless USB sticks not working (wpa2 OR driver). These are sitecom wl-302 v1.001 and tp-link wn721n. The sitecom is a regression I read and the tp-link is still in experimental mode. This release should have been called a CR = commercial release instead of a LTS They tried to hard to make the charts with this thing and didn't bother to listen to the reports or fix the problem during alfa and beta. Well now they will be listening I guess and this is just why they have to call for betatesters (like in the X memoryleak). Nobody wants to participate in the process any more, the interested testers rather wait till all the noobs flamed away and then upgrade when things are fixed. There not listened to anyway.
    The cloud is evil. Ubuntu One > /dev/null !!!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Neosano View Post
    Upgraded to 10.04 from 9.10.
    Now I regret.
    My wireless can't connect to the router. (WEP)
    Interesting thing I've found in my kern.log

Before the upgrade there were no such messages. Help, please!
    I'd love to do the latter, but the solution must come from Ubuntu. Because you're not alone here. Welcome to the party! (e.g. http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...13#post9232313)

Uwe

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by udippel View Post
    I'd love to do the latter, but the solution must come from Ubuntu. Because you're not alone here. Welcome to the party! (e.g. http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...13#post9232313)

Uwe
    Well, looks like wicd was broken after upgrading.
    Removed it completely and installed again - now it works :-]

Beans

The problem for which I opened this thread has been solved. Apparently the problem arose through a mistake--a mistake that I must have made. Here is the story:

In the toolbar, you can click on System > Preferences > Network Connection. This brings up a window labeled "Network Connections", in which you can click on the Wireless tab. This brings up a listing of the wireless networks detected by the wireless card, in the form of a list of items of reading "Auto <network name 1", "Auto <network name 2", and so on. When you highlight one of these items and click on Edit, you will be asked to enter a password and click on Authenticate, and then you will see a window labeled "Editing Auto <name of network chosen>".

This window has a tab labeled "IPv4 Settings", under which there is a box named Routes. Clicking on Routes opens a window named "Editing IPv4 routes for Auto <network name>".

In this window there is an option named "Use this connection only for resources on its network". Somehow the box corresponding to this option had been checked, presumably by me when I was floundering around. The unintended choosing of this option resulted in what its name implies: viz., that that particular wireless network could be used only to access the computers in my house.

Unchecking this box solved the problem, and I can now use my home wireless network to connect through my home router to the Internet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12