Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu 10.04 Post-Install Guide: What to do and try after installing Lucid Lynx!

Beans

Re: Ubuntu 10.04 Post-Install Guide: What to do and try after installing Lucid Lynx!

Any tips on getting flash to work on youtube in 64bit?
    PeterE

Beans

Re: Ubuntu 10.04 Post-Install Guide: What to do and try after installing Lucid Lynx!

Quote Originally Posted by tica vun View Post
    Wonderful post op. This should be stickied.
    Haha that would be amazing but i don't know if they would sticky somethin unofficial?

Quote Originally Posted by sdibaja View Post
    Any tips on getting flash to work on youtube in 64bit?
    Yeah, check the adobe flash section =]

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Quote Originally Posted by aala View Post
    You can put 'em back to its place by doing the next:... Alt + F2 and then type gconf-editor then once the window open up, go to apps/metacity/general and in the right pane look for button_layout and right click on it, and choose Edit Key... and of course change the value to menu:minimize,maximize,close or whatever you like it to be. hope it helps!...

followed the instructions and it worked no problems and a big thanks for all the suggestions

But it doesnt make sense to me why they would make this the default layout....its not in KK

anyway have done a complete remodel and made it look more windows like with only one taskbar and that at the bottom

Beans

Just wanted to say thanks. I really like your page and info you have shared. With friends of mine that are new to Ubuntu I send them your way. . . You make things nice and easy.

I'm still having problems with flash working right. Not really sure what is wrong. (I can't click on the progress bar on some youtube videos, also can't click on any of the players buttons. I do notice a different player on some of the YouTube video; no problem with interacting with these controls. Is this a new Youtube player?) How do I know what version of Flash do I have installed. Not sure if I updated to 64bit correctly.

Also wanted to say. I like the move of the windows buttons. . .Finally. . . I may be one of the few, but I like it.

Any how, thanks again.
    I hope you keep posting these.

Beans

I'm glad everyone has found this very useful!

Quote Originally Posted by phatcartoon View Post
    Just wanted to say thanks. I really like your page and info you have shared. With friends of mine that are new to Ubuntu I send them your way. . . You make things nice and easy.

I'm still having problems with flash working right. Not really sure what is wrong. (I can't click on the progress bar on some youtube videos, also can't click on any of the players buttons. I do notice a different player on some of the YouTube video; no problem with interacting with these controls. Is this a new Youtube player?) How do I know what version of Flash do I have installed. Not sure if I updated to 64bit correctly.

Also wanted to say. I like the move of the windows buttons. . .Finally. . . I may be one of the few, but I like it.

Any how, thanks again.
    I hope you keep posting these.
    Perhaps you are in the YouTube HTML5 beta which does not use flash?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Talking Re: Ubuntu 10.04 Post-Install Guide: What to do and try after installing Lucid Lynx!

Overall I think it's great. This time around I upgraded instead of doing a clean install, so on three computers, all 64bit,and the only annoying thing that happened is that on my main computer firefox decided to not respond at all. I now am using Opera as my default browser with seamonkey as backup.Other than that everything is good . It was the easiest, least hassle upgrade so far. This should be an excellent LTS

Beans

Cool Re: Ubuntu 10.04 Post-Install Guide: What to do and try after installing Lucid Lynx!

The gravest issue with LUCID LYNX is in the networking / wireless area. I knew that I would not be able to connect with the release kernel, hence I had Ricardo Salvetri's patched kernel on hand.

Other than that, I can switch back and forth between the netbook interface, and standard. I can connect my 10" netbook to the 32" LCD TV, and I'm staying with Ubuntu!

My comments:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...22#post9203922 [#136]

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1473629

Post-installation configuration and tweaks of LUCID:
    http://www.my-guides.net/en/guides/l...allation-guide
    (Includes: HOWTO change the placement of default window buttons)

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...20#post9251420 [#6, #8]
    (For LUCID UME/NBR users, HOWTO switch from tabbed (netbook interface) to classic desktop at each login)
    "You only live once: let's make life better for each other."
    Lenovo G-50 / AMD 2.0 GHz. Mint 17.2
    Registered Linux User #193975

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Thanks for this post!! Very useful information. Now that I have 10.04 my wireless works perfect! Love Ubuntu!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by DPic View Post

Perhaps you are in the YouTube HTML5 beta which does not use flash?

I'm not really sure what is with the two different interfaces. I right click the videos and indeed they are both flash. I really prefer the new one. BTW, I do try and give HTML5 on youtube a try from now and then. For anyone that is interested.

Youtube.com/HTML5

Any how, I fixed my problem. Every time I went to the Adobe site to download flash64 bit I kept getting an error (adobe-flashplugin is virtual) Not actually sure what that means, but this is what I did. I went to the terminal.

Got rid of the old flash plugin

sudo apt-get purge flashplugin-installer nspluginwrapper

Then added this

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:sevenmachines/flash && sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install flashplugin64-installer

---------------
    For those that are wondering.
    This is the video controls that I like and were the ones originally working when others weren't. Clip from one of my favorite movies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wha0brbb_44

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ubudog View Post
    Thanks for this post!! Very useful information. Now that I have 10.04 my wireless works perfect! Love Ubuntu!
    So great to see how many people are finding this very useful! Nest release's post will be much better and have pdfs and other formats and hopefully translations as well

Quote Originally Posted by phatcartoon View Post
    I'm not really sure what is with the two different interfaces. I right click the videos and indeed they are both flash. I really prefer the new one. BTW, I do try and give HTML5 on youtube a try from now and then. For anyone that is interested.

Youtube.com/HTML5

Any how, I fixed my problem. Every time I went to the Adobe site to download flash64 bit I kept getting an error (adobe-flashplugin is virtual) Not actually sure what that means, but this is what I did. I went to the terminal.

Got rid of the old flash plugin

sudo apt-get purge flashplugin-installer nspluginwrapper

Then added this

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:sevenmachines/flash && sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install flashplugin64-installer

---------------
    For those that are wondering.
    This is the video controls that I like and were the ones originally working when others weren't. Clip from one of my favorite movies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wha0brbb_44
    Yeah, you have to purge the 32-bit flashplayer before using the 64-bit player. This was specified in the guide

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast