Thread: Thunderbird date format

Beans

Thunderbird date format

Well, I've tried everything I can think of and Thunderbird is still showing dates in MM/DD/YYYY format and times in the 12 hour clock.

Settings under System -> Administration -> Languages are prioritised as 1 - English (Australian), 2 - English (United Kingdom), 3 - English. English (United States) is dragged to the bottom of the heap. The "Text" tab is set to English (Australian). I've also installed the thunderbird-locale-en-gb package to no avail.

I should also note that Firefox wants to correct the work "prioritised" above to "prioritized", so it hasn't got the right dictionary either. And the Lanuguages applet under System -> Administration prompts me to install the thunderbird-locale-en-us package every time it starts.

There are several threads in this forum, but I really don't want to get involved editing my .profile or anything.

I've spent an hour mucking about trying to complete this trivial task. Shouldn't it be simple?

Thanks for any help - I'm so frustrated I'm going to give up :/
    Andy Lawson

Beans

Re: Thunderbird date format

Gah. It's fixed, but I don't know why.

I logged out and in again, making sure to select "English (Australian)" as my language on the login screen, and now all is well.

Anybody know why?

Can't seem to see how mark the issue as resolved.....

I may be having brain failure.
    Andy Lawson