Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Indicator Applet Issues in 10.04 Lucid

Beans

Re: Indicator Applet Issues in 10.04 Lucid

i seen something you could type in the terminal to get rid of the envelope I'll try and find it for you

Beans

This may be what you are looking for...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Ooh, thanks dl7und, that's excellent, and got rid of the annoying/redundant/useless envelope icon. This whole new indicator scheme is really irritating. I really miss being able to get power and volume status by simply hovering over the icon.

Beans

On a netbook with netbook remix UI things are even worse: There is usually no taskbar (only 600px vertical) and the space in the menu bar not occupied by open applications is now entirely taken by the indicator applet. No way to add any sensor applets...

Well, at least the envelope is gone, that's a start...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

In 10.10 they will keep this "issue"....:S maybe it's time to grow up and use Debian XD

Beans

What if we want the envelope back, and never had a battery icon to begin with?

That's my case.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Cool Re: Indicator Applet Issues in 10.04 Lucid

What if I'm ok with the envelope thing, the battery indicator AND audio indicator BUT the network/connection indicator is rather odd. When I tried Live CD the network indicator was modern, good taste (you know, the waves going upwards). But when I finished installing I was appalled to see this old-fashioned icon (two monitors, one behind the other as in Windows, remember?). Don't know what the... went wrong. Can anybody help me? Is there any possibility to re-install just the Indicator Applet?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Elzigzag
    Argento de San Luis.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate

Hello fellow ubuntees.

Reading all of the above, I felt an urge to also add how frustrating - windozish even - this new indicator concept is...

I hope someone will come up with a way to get our tooltips back sooner or later. It's kind of awkward that I have to open Transmission to see what it's doing - let alone volume and whatnot!

Beans

YES! FINALLY FOUND SOME MINIMAL CUSTOMIZATION!

I had to dig this up because evolution just totally disappeared from the applet one day....

Head on over to /usr/share/indicators/messages/applications

In there you'll find the applications that are listed under the messages icon. You can add and remove them. Each entry is a text file. The format is just 1 line, and the file should be named the same as the application ie "evolution".
    Format:

Code:
    /usr/share/applications/evolution.desktop
    etc... You can head on over to /usr/share/applications to check out the name of the application you're trying to add if you're trying to add one that disappeared.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

obscenic & dl7und:

Ah, thanks guys.

I've upgraded five systems to lucid (starting with alphas), and done one fresh install. Didn't have the issues on the fresh install, but had variations of these indicator problems on all the others. Looks like the gnome 'typing break' indicator is still not working, but last I saw they were calling this a Gnome problem. I'm pretty pleased overall though.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast