Thread: Wrong timezone

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Wrong timezone

This is something I have never seen before and the all-mighty Google has not been kind enough to guide me to a solution.

I am running Wine 1.1.42 on my work system (Ubuntu 10.04 x64). I use PlayOnLinux to give wine extensions to each of my applications. Two of them have no use for Date, or pull it from a server so they do not notice.

However one, Sametime Connect by IBM, records instant messages based on the internal clock. In this application all the messages are exactly 4 hours ahead of my time, Eastern Standard Time.

(ie, I send a message at 3:00pm and Sametime date stamps it as 7:00pm)

While not a huge issue it is something I would like to resolve.

My timezone in Ubuntu is set to America/New York. I verified that the system date/time is fine. I have two VM's that are also fine as far as date, and nothing else on the system outside of Wine is having this problem.

Here is the output of date
    Code:
    Thu Apr 29 15:11:13 EDT 2010
    I am at a bit of a loss as to where to check next.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Wrong timezone

hmm, interesting...

if you insert the date and time inside wine notepad, is it correct?

If not, I suggest you file a bug in the winehq bugzilla, link to a download if one is available, give the name of the program, attach terminal output as a text file and say that you have tested the date using notepad.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Wrong timezone

I never thought of that...such a simple test too. Head is hitting the keyboard right now.

Inserting the date give the correct date and time. However, and at the same time, Sametime reports 4 hours later.

It must be an issue in the application. Time to dig into the settings and see what I can find.

Thanks for the guidance