Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where's the Dog to Find my Files?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Where's the Dog to Find my Files?

I have searched on MSN for answers, but I am having trouble trying to locate the prerendered 3D-looking animated gif of a dog that appears in the sidebar to help me find my lost files.

In Linux, where can I find the file dog?

Also, how can I install AOL, and the Weather Buddy?

Just kidding.

Beans

Re: Where's the Dog to Find my Files?

Please don't post this kind of stuff in the support sections of the forums. The community chat forum is where this kind of post should go.

That said, there actually is a dog that can help you find your files.

(hint: apt-cache search beagle)

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

dear dpaint4,

I moved your thread to the Ubuntu Cafe section. Nothing wrong with your post

It's just I agree with psychicdragon: it's more suitable for Ubuntu Cafe. Hope you don't mind.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Soldier
    dear dpaint4,

I moved your thread to the Ubuntu Cafe section. Nothing wrong with your post

It's just I agree with psychicdragon: it's more suitable for Ubuntu Cafe. Hope you don't mind.
    No no you're right. I replied to him in a PM and said the same thing. I wasn't thinking. Thanks for moving it.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by dpaint4
    I have searched on MSN for answers, but I am having trouble trying to locate the prerendered 3D-looking animated gif of a dog that appears in the sidebar to help me find my lost files.

In Linux, where can I find the file dog?

Also, how can I install AOL, and the Weather Buddy?

Just kidding.
    I miss my Bonzai Buddy.
    Manually installing software and setting up your system is always preferable. However, there is not one thing wrong with using Automatix for getting it done the easy way. Get Automatix2 Support Here

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I miss the real Clippy
    If you tried everything and still won't work....

Beat it with a hammer

Beans
    Distro

Holy crap what's a Bonzai Buddy? Ha! Some little 'taskbar friend' or whatever, right? There are so many reasons to be suspicious of those.

Me: What's that?

My Friend: Oh that's my Good Luck Salamander! He's my Taskbar Friend! This neat Korean company gave him to me online. Basically he just sits down there and winks at me while silently sending all my personal data to third world countries! Neat huh?

That's my take anyway. There was some purple ape that seemed to catch on for a while back in the mid-late 90's. All my friends had him, and I recall him meaning trouble. I was on a Mac, luckily.
    Last edited by dpaint4; March 19th, 2006 at 07:38 AM.

Beans

Here's a link to the infamous Is Your Son a Computer Hacker story, because it's semi-relevant.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

There was some purple ape that seemed to catch on for a while back in the mid-late 90's.
    Yep, that's bonzi alright
    If you tried everything and still won't work....

Beat it with a hammer

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by dpaint4
    Holy crap what's a Bonzai Buddy? Ha! Some little 'taskbar friend' or whatever, right? There are so many reasons to be suspicious of those.

Me: What's that?

My Friend: Oh that's my Good Luck Salamander! He's my Taskbar Friend! This neat Korean company gave him to me online. Basically he just sits down there and winks at me while silently sending all my personal data to third world countries! Neat huh?

That's my take anyway. There was some purple ape that seemed to catch on for a while back in the mid-late 90's. All my friends had him, and I recall him meaning trouble. I was on a Mac, luckily.
    The Bonzai Buddy is a cute and cuddly form of malware/spyware. I am so depressed I can not run it on Ubuntu. {sarcasm}
    Manually installing software and setting up your system is always preferable. However, there is not one thing wrong with using Automatix for getting it done the easy way. Get Automatix2 Support Here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast