Thread: Getting Started with Ubuntu 10.04 released!

Getting Started with Ubuntu 10.04 released!

The Ubuntu Manual Team are proud to announce the release of Getting Started with Ubuntu 10.04, a comprehensive beginner’s guide designed for the Ubuntu operating system. It is written under an open source license and is free for you to download, read, modify, and share. This manual will help you become familiar with everyday tasks such as surfing the web, listening to music, and scanning documents. With an emphasis on easy-to-follow instructions, it is suitable for all levels of experience.

Features

• Easy to understand - our manual has step by step instructions and is jargon-free
    • A picture is worth a thousand words - lots of screenshots to show you how to do tasks
    • All in one place - conveniently located in one file, so you don’t have to look all over the web for help
    • Progressive learning curve - start with the basics, and learn as you work through each chapter
    • Dozens of languages - translated into more than 50 languages, including localized screenshots
    • CC-BY-SA licensing - download, modify, reproduce and share as much as you like
    • No cost - our documents are all written by Ubuntu community members and there is no charge to use them
    • Printer friendly - we have a version optimized for printing to save the trees
    • Troubleshooting section - to help you solve common Ubuntu problems quickly

Download Now

You can download the manual for free as a PDF, or buy a printed copy through Lulu. All of the relevant information is on our website, http://ubuntu-manual.org.

Don’t forget to check out our plans for Maverick.

Originally posted by Benjamin Humphrey here on April 29, 2010

More...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Getting Started with Ubuntu 10.04 released!

I'm downloading this now - this may be a great way to get new people interested in Ubuntu, as well as a refresher of sorts for those who already use it.

Beans

Me too, I hope this will help me a lot. Thanks for all the people who put this together.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Perfect will help myself and 2 of my ubuntu children lol

thanks for the tips and work you do

Beans

I already enjoyed ubuntu 9.x version, I dont know what more to expect from you gurus. Whatever it is, its all a big delight for me .

Thanks a million for World's most beautiful software!

Take care!
    me

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Very helpful. Thank you very much.