Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Umarks 2: package backup and restore management tool

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Umarks 2: package backup and restore management tool

Quote Originally Posted by Bob63 View Post
    The icon appears (on my installation) as a large "U" in the lower right on the status bar.
    Thanks Bob63....enabling the status bar helped....

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by teejcee View Post
    No prob!

Been in similar myself.
    AMD Phenom II X4 B55 3.4GHz, 8GB RAM, Galaxy NVIDIA GT620 2GB, Biostar A880G+ mobo, dual-booting LinuxMint 14 Nadia MATE 64-bit , Windows 7 64-bit.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by teejcee View Post
    I have included instructions about this on all demo videos.

That is something I need to think about. I assume most users will have the status bar enabled. Nevertheless, since this is not an extension that you will use very frequently, I thought would be OK to have only the status bar icon.

Beans
    Hidden!

For me it wasn't an issue because my status bar is always on. Is it easier or harder to have the icon appear at a fixed place? What I'm getting at is perhaps having the icon appear in the Customize box so that the user can put it wherever.

(Personally, I'm such a gadget nut that I'm almost ready to add more toolbars...)
    AMD Phenom II X4 B55 3.4GHz, 8GB RAM, Galaxy NVIDIA GT620 2GB, Biostar A880G+ mobo, dual-booting LinuxMint 14 Nadia MATE 64-bit , Windows 7 64-bit.

Beans
    Distro

For me it wasn't an issue because my status bar is always on. Is it easier or harder to have the icon appear at a fixed place? What I'm getting at is perhaps having the icon appear in the Customize box so that the user can put it wherever.

(Personally, I'm such a gadget nut that I'm almost ready to add more toolbars...)
    It would be simple to add it to the Customize box. I'm going to include on the next version. Nevertheless, several users are not familiar with this feature.

Making it appear on a fixed place is not a problem, the problem is that users tend to customize their tool bars more than the status bar, so having a fixed tool bar position is not a good option.

Beans
    Distro

Umarks 2.0.0 has been approved by Mozilla and is now available through Firefox add-ons manager updates.

Users that have 2.0.0rc don't need to updated, since they are exactly the same version. Nevertheless, if you want to stop receiving beta releases, then you should install version 2.0.0 from the stable channel.

Beans

Hi,

@LovingLinux
    Can i have a download link to Umarks 2.0.0, i have tried at many places but with no luck. A sure handy app considering Ubuntu comes up with a new version every six months.

thanks,

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Muzafsh View Post
    Hi,

@LovingLinux
    Can i have a download link to Umarks 2.0.0, i have tried at many places but with no luck. A sure handy app considering Ubuntu comes up with a new version every six months.

thanks,
    Muzafsh,
    I think the reason you can no longer find this is the developer stopped work.
    Regards,
    Bob

Beans
    Distro

Muzafsh,
    I think the reason you can no longer find this is the developer stopped work.
    Regards,
    Bob
    Indeed. I have stopped the development of Umarks, because there was no interest on it.

However, you can generate and restore your package list via command.

To replicate your packages selection on another machine (or restore it if re-installing), you can run this:

Code:
    dpkg --get-selections > ~/my-packages
    Then move the file "my-packages" to the other machine, and there run:

Code:
    sudo dpkg --set-selections < my-packages && sudo apt-get dselect-upgrade
    Sorry for the inconvenience, but the extension was really complicated and the lack of users didn't justified keeping it alive, specially that you can achieve the most important functionality via command or via Synaptic.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123