Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Umarks 2: package backup and restore management tool

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Umarks 2: package backup and restore management tool

Quote Originally Posted by Bob63 View Post
    The issues which I had thought might be related to AdBlock/NoScript might actually be either an error with the way the Mint configuration is setup or the way your add-on parses the /etc/lsb-release file. Searching for packages at packages.ubuntu.com returns an error in the webpage because the string provided to search is (besides being the Mint code name) the third line of the file. For Ubuntu, this is the code name and would be fine, but the Mint distro has a different file organization. If you look at the output of the lsb-release file I provided above, line 3 is the uri for the release notes. The distro code name is on line 4 for Mint. This means that none of the package search works quite right for me, although Google is forgiving enough that it at least gave me a search page where I could have followed a link to the package I was looking for (I tried with Gimp and Inkscape).
    You are correct. I was initially fetching the info by matching the entity, but then just after the release I decided to fetch it by line number. This is fine for Ubuntu family systems, but not for Mint.

Beans

Nice Job, This has to be the coolest linux program i've seen in a decade. thank you for making it.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by dryicebomb View Post
    Nice Job, This has to be the coolest linux program i've seen in a decade. thank you for making it.
    You are welcome. Please let me know if you find any bugs.

Beans
    Distro

@Bob63

Linux Mint support is almost ready. I'm just having a hard time with the repositories

Beans
    Distro

Cool. Umarks is on Ubuntu Geek.

Beans
    Distro

I have released version 2.0.0beta2. There are a lot of improvements, so I recommend anyone using 2.0.0beta1 or previous versions to upgrade using the Beta channel.

Among the changes since 2.0.0beta1 are:

• full compatibility with Linux Mint (Isadora, Helena, Gloria, Felicia, Elyssa)
    • compatibility with "any" third-party repository sources, although only ppa repositories, medibuntu and getdeb will also install authentication keys (still need to work on that)
    • repositories are no longer installed when restoring the entire backup, so you need to install them before, using the repositories menu. Nevertheless, you can install them all-at-once and the extension will detect which are already installed.

Please test it and let me know what you think and if you encounter any bugs.
    Last edited by lovinglinux; May 8th, 2010 at 05:52 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

lovinglinux,

It was last night that I was pondering the existence or otherwise of such an application and what a god-send it would be if it did exist.

Before posting I decided to do the right thing and do a search first and lo-and-behold...this thread.

I am not in need of an upgrade at present but I will try and hook up an old disk somewhere, download and do some testing for you...( I am retired so time isn't really an issue to me...)

Keep up the good work.

TC

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by teejcee View Post
    lovinglinux,

It was last night that I was pondering the existence or otherwise of such an application and what a god-send it would be if it did exist.

Before posting I decided to do the right thing and do a search first and lo-and-behold...this thread.

I am not in need of an upgrade at present but I will try and hook up an old disk somewhere, download and do some testing for you...( I am retired so time isn't really an issue to me...)

Keep up the good work.

TC
    Great. Please let me know how it goes.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by lovinglinux View Post
    Great. Please let me know how it goes.
    It does not go well...

I have installed Umarks 2 but cannot find an icon or anything else to invoke the app.

Ubuntu 9.10 64 bit
    Firefox 3.5

Cheers

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by teejcee View Post
    It does not go well...

I have installed Umarks 2 but cannot find an icon or anything else to invoke the app.

Ubuntu 9.10 64 bit
    Firefox 3.5

Cheers
    The icon appears (on my installation) as a large "U" in the lower right on the status bar.
    AMD Phenom II X4 B55 3.4GHz, 8GB RAM, Galaxy NVIDIA GT620 2GB, Biostar A880G+ mobo, dual-booting LinuxMint 14 Nadia MATE 64-bit , Windows 7 64-bit.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast