Thread: lubuntu and nvidia drivers

Beans

lubuntu and nvidia drivers

I put lubuntu on a newer machine with nvidia drivers and the default drivers aren't 3d and the hardware drivers tells me there are no proprietary driver on my system,so how do I install the nvidia drivers on my system?The default drivers are no good.

Beans

Re: lubuntu and nvidia drivers

As much as I love Nouveau (and use it on all my systems now), I suppose there may be one or two cases where you will need Nvidia instead.

Check to make sure that the nvidia-common package is installed, that should pull in all dependencies for hardware detection in the restricted drivers program.

Regards

Beans

Yes full screen on HD youtube videos and HD movies,the nouveau drivers suck.The games too.

In the synaptic repository there are the 185 nvidia drivers,should I uninstall the nouveau drivers and install all the nvidia drivers and everything with the 185s?Or how would I do it because the hardware detectors dont work like on ubuntu.

I like this distro alot.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mark9950 View Post
    Yes full screen on HD youtube videos and HD movies,the nouveau drivers suck.The games too.

In the synaptic repository there are the 185 nvidia drivers,should I uninstall the nouveau drivers and install all the nvidia drivers and everything with the 185s?Or how would I do it because the hardware detectors dont work like on ubuntu.

I like this distro alot.
    Installing nvidia-common should install all dependencies for hardware drivers to perform the hardware detection correctly.

And the nouveau drivers don't suck at all thanks. (3D works exactly as I require on all my machines)
    Last edited by ibuclaw; April 29th, 2010 at 11:51 AM.

Beans

Thank You, ibuclaw. I tried switching to the binaries in synaptic because they were not showing up in the restricted hardware program and that caused my comp to blow up. I saw your post and then purged the nvidia drivers and then reinstalled nvidia-common there it was.