Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Stream audio from iPod touch/iPhone over bluetooth to computer

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Stream audio from iPod touch/iPhone over bluetooth to computer

hi,

i have it working on kubuntu 12.10 with iPhone 4 as a source.

it works okay but it does cut-out sometimes.

i will remark pactl was initially returning
    alonzo@eartha:~$ pacmd
    Daemon not responding.
    i am not sure what happened to get it going.

also? i am not sure what was meant by "save the number after pactl",,,

here is the output when i ran pactl load-module,,,,
    >>> exit
    alonzo@eartha:~$ pactl load-module module-loopback source=bluez_source.7C_C5_37_1D_80_88 sink=alsa_output.pci-0000_00_1b.0.analog-stereo
    alonzo@eartha:~$ pactl
    No valid command specified.
    alonzo@eartha:~$ pactl
    is the number i should make note of 19?

please advise.

thank you for a great thread!

Beans

why am I getting this?

Code:
    $ pactl load-module module-loopback source=bluez_source.90_C1_15_7F_F7_58 sink=alsa_card.pci-0000_00_1b.0
    Failure: Module initalization failed

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I see that this post is still active. I recently was struggling through the same thing with my 12.10 - trying to stream audio from my android phone to my workstation which has nice studio speakers on it. I was disappointed the default bluetooth applet did not support this in a nice GUI way - but I found the old standby blueman did. Its a bit ugly but gets the job done with a single right click on the device (my phone) and selecting it the audio source (e.g. A2DT) and you are done.

https://apps.ubuntu.com/cat/applicat...ecise/blueman/

Beans

Lightbulb Re: Stream audio from iPod touch/iPhone over bluetooth to computer

I know this post is old - but for future people wanting a less complicated way of doing this, there is now an application that will let you listen to your iPhone, iPod, or other android device with bluetooth music streaming capability’s. It is aptly named Listen. After paring your device to your computer, open Listen and select the device from the drop down menu. Then check the check box!

Listen seems much more easy than going through all these .config files. Then again, I have never tried the methods in this thread...

EDIT:
    Before I forget, here is the link to Listen!
    Last edited by ICouldBeAnyone; June 17th, 2013 at 01:38 AM. Reason: (added link to app)

Beans

Still working in 12.04 LTS with iPhone 5 on iOS 6, one note (may have missed in gloss over trying to get it to work) is that you have to have to go into Sound Settings and under the Input Tab you have to Select the bluetooth device in the "Record Sound from" field, otherwise the audio is not looped through the speakers.

Funny, I got this working just using blueman the other day, and now I can't get it to work again to save my life. When I right click on my phone on the Devices list, I don't get any audio options. When I refresh services, I get this:

Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
    Argh! Any ideas?

EDIT: Turns out I had to do two things.

1) Pull my bluetooth dongle and plug it back in (weird)
    2) Update my pulseaudio driver and reloading the module as per this how-to: http://zach-adams.com/2014/07/blueto...-setup-failed/

FYI, if your sound quality is horrible on the PC speakers, try turning the volume on the phone down and your speakers up instead.
    Last edited by cydewaze; February 22nd, 2015 at 02:41 PM.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678