Thread: Multi-Touch in Lucid Lynx

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Multi-Touch in Lucid Lynx

Hey guys,

I was just wondering from any tablet users who have tested Lucid how multi-touch is (if there even is multi-touch)? I have a friend who has the older Touchsmart I think the 2000 series which only has single touch but he told me it works right out of the box. I was wondering if this was the case for multi-touch as well. Currently in windows I get 4 touch points, if there is multi-touch should I assume only 2 touch points? I'd like to try to fully convert to Linux on my laptop too even for school next year but touch is a big thing, multi-touch isn't the biggest deal but it would be nice if it worked.
    Intel Core i7 970 6/12 (Cores/Threads) 3.2GHz 12MB Cache
    6GB DDR3
    1866MHz RAM | ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB GDDR5
    60GB SSD
    (/) | 1TB 64MB Cache HDD (/home)
    Ubuntu Oneiric
    Ocelot 11.10 x64

Beans
    Distro

Re: Multi-Touch in Lucid Lynx

I have a tx2 and touch does work out of the box in beta 2. Multi-touch however isnt exactly up to par yet. Check out this thread to get you started. The multi-touch talk doesnt come up till about page 70 though. http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1252492

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I'd be happy if they did single touch properly. For example, you keep your finger on the touchpad, and the mouse pointer keeps wiggling. On Windows, the same action keeps the pointer dead steady on the screen.

It really gets in the way when you use a theme with 1 px wide borders and you have a hard time aiming the pointer over it to resize the window.
    The DRUNKS - For Your Inner Drunk

Beans
    Distro

Yeah, it does shake alot, which is why I liked the hid-ntrig from Karmic better. Although Karmic was a little harder to get working.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by mcoleman44 View Post
    Yeah, it does shake alot, which is why I liked the hid-ntrig from Karmic better. Although Karmic was a little harder to get working.
    Oh yeah I failed like 4 times at least trying to get it to work on Karmic. On ArchLinux it took two lines in the terminal and single touch was working perfectly. Thanks for the page I'll check it out. Yeah I'm excited to play around with Lucid, though I have exams to study for and the full release is out in 9 days so I figured its best I just wait for the full release.
    Intel Core i7 970 6/12 (Cores/Threads) 3.2GHz 12MB Cache
    6GB DDR3
    1866MHz RAM | ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB GDDR5
    60GB SSD
    (/) | 1TB 64MB Cache HDD (/home)
    Ubuntu Oneiric
    Ocelot 11.10 x64