Thread: problems with i3 in wine

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

problems with i3 in wine

Ok I've been using wine and ubuntu for a couple years now. I have a core i3 desktop processor with the integrated graphics. Everything seems to be working fine, I have the latest intel drivers and the latest wine version, but for some reason wine is detecting my video device as a geforce 5600... I don't have a graphics card in the system at all, and I never have so i really have no idea where wine is getting it's information. I've manged to get programs to start up but textures/colors are messed up or programs crash a few seconds in. Any advice to fix this issue?
    The Ubuntu Counter Project - user number # 23261

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: problems with i3 in wine

Quote Originally Posted by GeoPirate View Post
    Ok I've been using wine and ubuntu for a couple years now. I have a core i3 desktop processor with the integrated graphics. Everything seems to be working fine, I have the latest intel drivers and the latest wine version, but for some reason wine is detecting my video device as a geforce 5600... I don't have a graphics card in the system at all, and I never have so i really have no idea where wine is getting it's information. I've manged to get programs to start up but textures/colors are messed up or programs crash a few seconds in. Any advice to fix this issue?
    The detection is just to say which features Wine exposes to applications, it could be that your device is about the same as a 5600. Maybe not. This may not necessarily be related to your graphical corruption or to say that the crashes between different programs are related. You need to tell us which version of Wine you are using, which app you are trying to start and what goes wrong.

1.1.43 is most recent.