Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Window Manager Ubuntu 10.04

Beans

Re: Window Manager Ubuntu 10.04

Thanks to Christophe Weis responding to the bug reported here:
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/563161

to fix the issue, you can simply add a symlink to get things working:
    sudo ln -s /usr/bin/compiz /usr/bin/compiz.real

Apparently after upgrading to 10.04, the file /usr/bin/compiz.real is missing as Christophe points out is mentioned in syslog.

Beans

I had a similar issue, but with the Compiz Fusion Icon app I was using with 9.10 and something similar to this fixed it. Old command in the Start Apps was grey (unavailable) so I just removed it and created a new one with the command:
    Code:
    /usr/bin/compiz-decorator

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mathfreak123 View Post
    Hello. I have my windows back to normal after the upgrade by adding a new entry that uses the command
    Code:
    /usr/bin/compiz
    Hope this helps!

Beans

Angry Re: Window Manager Ubuntu 10.04

I've just upgraded to Ubuntu 10.04 and my window manager icons are on the LEFT HS of the window not on the right as usual. How do I change it back to normal.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by felixq78 View Post
    I've just upgraded to Ubuntu 10.04 and my window manager icons are on the LEFT HS of the window not on the right as usual. How do I change it back to normal.
    Easiest solution (or it worked for me):
    System -> preferences -> Appearance. Select "Human-Clearlooks", then customize based off of that theme.

have a try to turn the toolbars back on, but turn off Desktop Effects.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by felixq78 View Post
    As normal user type into the terminal:

gconftool-2 --type string --set /apps/metacity/general/button_layout "menu:minimize,maximize,close"

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by cudaboy View Post
    I had a similar issue, but with the Compiz Fusion Icon app I was using with 9.10 and something similar to this fixed it. Old command in the Start Apps was grey (unavailable) so I just removed it and created a new one with the command:
    Code:
    /usr/bin/compiz-decorator
    thanks!

I was also able to solve this by placing the Compiz Fusion Icon in the startup (fusion-icon). It causes a) the Icon to be in the Panel and b) to have it accesible anytime and most importantly c) the windows manager on startup fixes the windows decorator issue.....

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mathfreak123 View Post
    Hello. I have my windows back to normal after the upgrade by adding a new entry that uses the command
    Code:
    /usr/bin/compiz
    Hope this helps!

Perfect, thanks, this fixed my small problem perfectly!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Quote Originally Posted by mcduck View Post
    How did you set emerald to run automatically when you installed it? Undo that change and things will start to work agan.

If you added "emerald --replace" to startup comamnds in System/PReferences/Startup Applications, then remove it.

R, if you did it properly and configured Compiz to use Emerald as it's decorator, then open CompizConfig Settings Manager, go to Window Decoration-plugin's settings and set the command to "/usr/bin/compiz-decorator" (or just click the brush icon next to this option to automatically reset it to defaults).
    Oh thank you, thank you , thank you so much, that fixed my problem too, great.
    Kind Regards, Leona

Beans

Thanks, that worked for me, also.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast