Thread: Sellers of Desktop with no OS in Ireland?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate

Sellers of Desktop with no OS in Ireland?

Hi.
    I got my current Desktop PC from komplett.ie almost 3 years ago. Does anyone know of another place that sells just a Desktop (no screen, keyboard, etc) without an OS within the Republic of Ireland?
    Thanks.
    1st Distro used (live CD): Knoppix in early 2007 ¦ 1st Distro Installed: Ubuntu 7.10 in Feb 2008
    GNU/Linux User #470660 – Ubuntu User #28226
    Isaac Asimov: "I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them."

Beans

Re: Sellers of Desktop with no OS in Ireland?

sometimes small independent stores will sell computers without os. I usually have built my own ,it's not hard and very satisfying when everything works.
    pentium4 geforce 9400 1gb ram

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate

Quote Originally Posted by mick222 View Post
    sometimes small independent stores will sell computers without os. I usually have built my own ,it's not hard and very satisfying when everything works.
    Thank you mick222.
    1st Distro used (live CD): Knoppix in early 2007 ¦ 1st Distro Installed: Ubuntu 7.10 in Feb 2008

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I think elara.ie offer a build service. Just checked the website now but unfortunately the PC configurator utility is listed as being down for maintenance. If memory serves you can design (with their help in terms of ccomponent compatability) your own machine and have them build it for you for a small charge or you can choose to buy the components and build it yourself. I believe choosing an OS was optional. Hope my memory is accurate and if so I hope this information helps.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate

Wink Re: Sellers of Desktop with no OS in Ireland?

Quote Originally Posted by airurando View Post
    I think elara.ie offer a build service. Just checked the website now but unfortunately the PC configurator utility is listed as being down for maintenance. If memory serves you can design (with their help in terms of ccomponent compatability) your own machine and have them build it for you for a small charge or you can choose to buy the components and build it yourself. I believe choosing an OS was optional. Hope my memory is accurate and if so I hope this information helps.
    Excellent. Thank you airurando. I will check them out.