Thread: Is anyone running the 10.04 Beta?

Hybrid View

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Is anyone running the 10.04 Beta?

Just wondering about experiences with the beta. And anticipating the release.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Is anyone running the 10.04 Beta?

I'm running the 10.04 beta on my Toshiba Satellite laptop, and so far I've been very impressed with it. Aside from having to get used to the window buttons being on the left side instead of the right, I haven't encountered any major problems as yet.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I couldn't stand the buttons on the left so I moved them to the right. But Lucid is running more stable for me than Karmic was. Karmic has been giving me a bunch of crap lately so I've found myself in Lucid more often.

Beans

I am running 10.4 on my desktop and I must say its pretty sweet, really quick boot-up times, dual screens without a hassle. Only real issues are with some applications crashing such as Ubuntu One, but that is to be expected and with the recent wave of updates it seems to be fixed. The only thing left for them to do (hopefully for the next release) is to allow for install to aoe/iscsi and an easier way to join a domain and configure ldap authentication.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I did the update-manager -d thing to upgrade from 9.04. This did not work at all when 9.04 came out. This time it went off like a champ. No problems so far. I will download the release CD when it comes out just as backup but this is running great.

Beans

I have the v10.04 32 bit server running as a samba share. It was different but works just fine.