Page 358 of 389 FirstFirst ... 258308348356357358359360368 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,580 of 3890

Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Beans

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Hello,

I just wanted to intuduce my self and say couple of words why Linux

I'm full time sysadmin and our prod. and test env. always been MS products so i have like 10+ years expirance with networking and system administration. Since 2003 I have always worked with MS products and never fully have had time to try another OS. Is not that I'm point and click guy because I always liked to do things faster and better and you can't achieve that with GUI so I'm CMD guy + 5 years exp. with Powershell. The problem is that I always felt that there is something wrong with all the MS things. So everything you can do in Windows is based on what Microsoft is telling you can do or have access to so if MS says that one thing will be blocked - it's blocked. For couple weeks ago I was reconsidering my point of view and decided that it's time to try something new. The problem is that I'm sysadmin and 90% of systems are Windows based or some kind og MS thing but this didn't stopped me to try out something new. After some time I decided to go for Ubuntu. I like to read about something before even trying it so I bought Linux basic book, downloaded some stuff from the internet and after some days of studing I installed Ubuntu. Things was crazy then. I was like shocked first time. I just DON NOT understand why I didn't try that thing before. You can literally change EVERYTHING in the system however you want it to and make it however you want it to be. It feels like it is YOUR system. The journey just started so I'm just newbee here but to know that this system is like your own "child" feels fuc** good. The best part of Linux, after what I'm seeing, is community. You have a problem? You ask. You get answer. I know that some folks can be pretty annoying but to see how you guys communicate whit each other makes me thing that Linux com. is like one big family, kind of After some years with powershell, where its based on "human words", terminal seems complicated at first BUT when you really want to, spend couple of days with ONLY terminal and no GUI and things become easy and much more understandable. I really really starting to love Linux and concept it stands behind. So much that ubuntu is my daily-driver and I have decided to reinstall on half of my computers. I'm also soon will try out some other stuff, more server related in my test env. It is not always easy when you don't have all of your tools but you have always access to RDP

Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Welcome !

packpariah
    freemedia2018
    davidoroot
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans
    Hidden!

Thanks FH. (Another person in this thread.)

Quote Originally Posted by immoweichert View Post
    The last time I've been doing anything at command prompt level was at the times of CP/M (which really shows my age!).
    Good, this place could use a longbeard or two (I'm sure there are a few more.) Welcome!

Beans

Greetings all, new linux user here. Looking forward to learning the intricacies of Ubuntu. Fresh install of version 18.04.1 with no issues to report. Looks like smooth sailing

Beans

Hi fellow Ubuntu and other distros users,

I just wanted to introduce myself to you on this New Year's Eve.

My name is Clement, I am a Windows developer (mainly C++, C# and PowerShell) and am currently trialing Ubuntu 18.10 on a very small configuration (32Gb MMC/4Gb RAM 14" Netbook that I have just bought for this purpose).

After compiling and installing audio and Bluetooth drivers found on GitHub for my specific hardware, I am glad to report that everything is working great so far. Coming from the Windows world (started on 95 and still using Win10 as my daily driver, for now), it is very interesting to see how Linux and more specifically its Ubuntu flavor works and behaves.

I am a newbie in the Linux world but hope to make the most out of it, and why not, one day, make the big jump and move to Linux definitely (at least on my personal computers).

Thank you for the help you provide on a daily basis to everyone. I hope to be able to share a bit of my knowledge and help others as well as I further dwell into this new environment.

Clement.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Hello and welcome to the forum clementc.

Beans

Hello and welcome.

To everyone else, I am back after a long forum sabbatical, hope everyone is well and had a good crimbo and have a great New Year.

See you 'virtually' around.

Peace
    Backtrack - Giving machine guns to monkeys since 2006
    Kali-Linux - Adding a grenade launcher to the machine guns since 2013

Beans

Thank you wildmanne39 and haqking!

Have a great new year too.

Beans

Hello everyone, good to be here. As most of you I am not new to Linux. I have been using linux since 1997 when RedHat was around before #Fedora. I went through school and college using this magnificent piece of OS and I am still “loving it”, though I don’t like McD’s that much but like the saying. I hope to get along with everyone thou I think that might be impossible but I’ll give it a try. I have been travelling a lot and I got to say that #Ubuntu is impressive to my eyes. Any how, good to be here. I have used #Kubuntu before for many years. But for some reason I am feeling drawn to #Ubuntu. Any how, good to meet you all.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Hello pookito, good to see you!

Page 358 of 389 FirstFirst ... 258308348356357358359360368 ... LastLast