Page 373 of 389 FirstFirst ... 273323363371372373374375383 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,730 of 3890

Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Hey.

Total Linux n00b here. Not a n00b to computing, hardware or software, been fiddling with these things for over 20 years now.

Stumbled into the forum to try and solve some teething issues with my first foray into Linux Ubuntu, and figured I should stop in here and say hello.

There.

I said it.

Cheers,
    Racer

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Hello and welcome to the forum racerxsixtynine.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by wildmanne39 View Post
    Hello and welcome to the forum racerxsixtynine.
    Thanks wild dude!

You can call me Racer.

32416252054_4499f5e304_b.jpg
    PIR Chicane by Racer, on Flickr
    Last edited by slickymaster; March 20th, 2020 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Removed large image

Beans

New here

Hey everyone.

Just installed Ubuntu 19.10 as a single boot on my old MacMini, and as a dual boot, along side of macOS Catalina on my 2012 MacBook Pro 13". Works like a charm. I haven't abandoned Apple and still have an 2014 iMac 27" and a 2018 MacMini running macOS Catalina. All my machines back-up to a 2TB drive attached to my Synology RT2600ac Router. I'm really looking forward to the release of Ubuntu 20. Life is good.

Beans

Hey everyone.

I'm coming over from Linux Mint, and while Mint is great and offers lots, I found the Cinnamon desktop to be very sluggish, so here I am. I've installed Ubuntu 19.10 as a single boot on my older MacMini, and as a dual boot along side macOS catalina on my 2012 13" MacBook Pro. Both machines back-up to a 2TB drive attached to my Synology RT2600ac Router.

One thing that I've noticed is that if I select to use the Broardcom BCM4331 Driver offered in "Software and Updates" my blue-tooth connection to my Apple Keyboard and mouse will disconnect. I found out that if I select "Do not use the device" my mouse and key board work perfectly. Because of this I don't have a WiFi connection but I don't need it as I use a Wired connection.

Cheers

Stephanie

Beans

Hi I'm Toby an on and off Ubuntu user for many years. Looking forward to learning a little bit about the community

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Welcome spswitzer and toby10ant !
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans

Hi all. I'm a long time linux user, but there's still plenty to learn. I joined long ago, but never really posted. Just thought I'd say what's up

Beans

Good evening, everyone! A Texas newbie here... Couped up due to the CoronaVirus and with a lot of time in my hands...

Any way, I just installed the latest Ubuntu Studio on my PowerEdge T30 Dell machine, and I am trying to find my way around it.

So far I was successful in getting Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu Studio 20.04 and openSUSE Tumbleweed working together very nicely in a triple boot configuration on my sda drive, with an extra partition for FreeBSD that is misbehaving and do not want to play nice with me. A second drive (sdb) has been formated with a large 2TB NTFS partition where I am going to throw in all kinds of stuff and data that will be available to all four OSes.

Anyway, if any of you could help me figure out where or how to activate or enable Location Services on XFCE, that would be great. If not, I am going to figure it out eventually, and possibly post it here afterward.

At any rate, nice to join in and looking forward to learning a lot...

Jorge
    Last edited by wildmanne39; April 15th, 2020 at 04:02 AM. Reason: Please do not make refernce to any race of people.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Hello and welcome to the forum, I leave in Texas also.

Page 373 of 389 FirstFirst ... 273323363371372373374375383 ... LastLast