India huh - ubuntu with world wide acclaim

we are all in this together
    THE current(cy) in Documentation:
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/PopularPages

Happy ubuntu'n !

Beans

Post Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Hello,
    I been using Linux for several years. I started with Mint but found it unreliable connecting to my D-Link NAS so changed to Ubuntu at about version 16 to get with the strength. Connection now reliable but involves extra steps. My local linux group mostly favours Mint so they are not much help with some aspects of Ubuntu. I find Nautilus useful for file handling with RPI. I am using them for measurement tasks as a precursor to some control. I had a career in instrumentation and control so IOT seems a modern version of that discipline. I have used RPI for measurement locally around a swimming pool and remotely over a satelite link with control to follow. So far robustness and reliability seem to have a long way to go but I am learning importance of configuration and power supply reliability.

My present problem with Ubuntu is printing. I have a Fuji-Xerox Docuprint M255-z. It is wireless network printer. It works but I cannot select duplex (double sided) printing. This function did work with the earier versions of Ubuntu in the same configuration (network printer). Duplex printing works on the same machine using Windows10

kydrakid

Beans

Cool Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Hi, I'm Zorion, and although almost a decade ago I started to try Linux distributions, I ended up leaving them when I encountered problems that I did not know how to solve. (My TV stick, games, problems with system, printer and other hardware ...)

I always had a special predilection for Mageia, but it still takes a long time to be sufficiently complete.

I recently decided to go back through Kubuntu, and it seems to me that the Ubuntu family is the easiest and most efficient today.

I do not know much English, but I would like to be part of this forum, since it has so much activity.

I'm from Spain and I love messing around with computers and smartphones. ^^

Beans

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Hi all, I'm Jordan. I'm new to the Linux community and trying my hand at running a VPS server for my small online business. Thought I'd join the forum as I'm a total newb to Linux in general, although I can hold my own with basic web design and front end coding. Experiencing the thrills and spills of running a server though. Looking forward to learning some new skills and meeting some pros on here!

Beans
    Hidden!

Welcome!
    Forum DOs and DON'Ts
    Please use CODE tags
    Including your email address in a post is not recommended
    My Blog

Beans

Hi all, came here in search of answers to a ffmpeg thing. looks like it is a DRM issue. I'll also be poking around the dual boot areas. I want to figure out how I can just `dd` images on to a usb drive, then have some sort of GRUB process to figure out and go "hey, I see you have more than one bootable drive on this device, which deyawant2bootfrom?" My other headaches lately have been from homebrew, but that's a whole different set of issues than from what's in this forum. Oh, my other toy is a RPi (running debian tho), I posted to the PiGuy about when I unplug the power cord from it, and I have a powered hard drive connected, the Pi will keep running without a care in the world. Still haven't heard back from him. Anyhoo, cheers! (And Let's Go Boston Bruins!)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Hello and welcome to the forum gohokies95.

Beans

Hello People!

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Hello to you mikequisido82

Welcome to the forum.

-your 1st stop on the way to anywhere-
    THE current(cy) in Documentation:
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/PopularPages