Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 3890

Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Quote Originally Posted by tatxen View Post
    Hi, I'm basic user of GNU/Linux. Normally I use LinuxMint but also I have installed Ubuntu 12.04 and Puppy 5.5 on a SD card.
    Don't speak English but read it pretty well.

Greetings to all
    Hi tatxen,

A big welcome to you from all in the forums.

You may consider yourself a basic user although your screenshots suggest otherwise.

You will find that we are all a friendly bunch here, have a good look around and join in!

Cheers -
    PopularPages: A very handy Documentation Search Tool used by many.
    PopularPages Wiki Thread
    My New Blog

Beans

Hi there

I am B45 a new user to Ubuntu and Linux in general and I have been running 13.04 for the last few weeks and enjoying it, I know I know... its a beta but its on a second HDD so no worries if it goes poof. I have been using Windows for ever but after getting myself a Raspberry pi and playing with that for a bit I decided to take the plunge.
    I hope to learn and help as much as I can.
    B45

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by B45op View Post
    Hi there

I am B45 a new user to Ubuntu and Linux in general and I have been running 13.04 for the last few weeks and enjoying it, I know I know... its a beta but its on a second HDD so no worries if it goes poof. I have been using Windows for ever but after getting myself a Raspberry pi and playing with that for a bit I decided to take the plunge.
    I hope to learn and help as much as I can.
    B45
    Hi B45,

A very big welcome to you from all in the forums.

Glad to hear that 13.04 is working well for you - hopefully it will continue to do so.

Have a good look around and ask questions when you wish to. Learners and helpers are most welcome here.

Hopefully you will be with us for a long time.

Cheers -
    PopularPages Wiki Thread
    My New Blog

Beans

Hello everyone,
    My name is Weston and I am currently a student at BYU-Idaho. I have been using Ubuntu off and on ever since 8.10 but I never got involved here! I have loved using Ubuntu and am excited to get involved

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Westonkd View Post
    Hello everyone,
    My name is Weston and I am currently a student at BYU-Idaho. I have been using Ubuntu off and on ever since 8.10 but I never got involved here! I have loved using Ubuntu and am excited to get involved
    Hi Weston,

A big welcome to you from all in the forums. We have many students as members - you'll be right at home.

You are already an experienced Ubuntu user - that experience will be appreciated.

Have a good look around the forums to see what attracts your interest - Most of all - have fun.

Cheers -
    PopularPages Wiki Thread
    My New Blog

Beans

Hiya everyone,

I'm a student of philosophy and software engineering. I first started using Linux in 1998 on a home desktop system which was running Debian at the time. I never used it too much but as I got older my parents moved all of our systems over to SuseLinux (at the time I think Novell was in charge of it) in 2003. I built my first computer that summer (which would become the family computer. Outside of some software and minor hardware updates, its been running everyday since that summer) and I then built my first private system in 2004 which ran Debian. So I kind of grew up around Linux but it wasn't until a few years ago that I actually started playing around as a serious user. In 2009 I installed a copy of Debian on a Laptop I owned at the time and I would later play with other distros such as Open Suse, Fedora, Ubuntu 10 series, and Mint. I bought a new laptop about a year ago and I used windows for a little while for basically the first time in my life and found that I absolutly hated it. So I switched back recently to 12.10 and I've loved it.

JMJ

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by usernforce View Post
    Hiya everyone,

I'm a student of philosophy and software engineering. I first started using Linux in 1998 on a home desktop system which was running Debian at the time. I never used it too much but as I got older my parents moved all of our systems over to SuseLinux (at the time I think Novell was in charge of it) in 2003. I built my first computer that summer (which would become the family computer. Outside of some software and minor hardware updates, its been running everyday since that summer) and I then built my first private system in 2004 which ran Debian. So I kind of grew up around Linux but it wasn't until a few years ago that I actually started playing around as a serious user. In 2009 I installed a copy of Debian on a Laptop I owned at the time and I would later play with other distros such as Open Suse, Fedora, Ubuntu 10 series, and Mint. I bought a new laptop about a year ago and I used windows for a little while for basically the first time in my life and found that I absolutly hated it. So I switched back recently to 12.10 and I've loved it.

JMJ
    Hi JMJ,

Thank you for your description of yourself - Welcome - You will certainly fit in very well in the forums.

You are certainly well versed in Linux and it's derivitives - (certainly more than me lol)

Have a good look around the forums to see if you may find a niche.

Most of all, have fun and enjoy what you are doing.

Cheers and best wishes -
    PopularPages Wiki Thread
    My New Blog

Beans

Hello, Herm here. I'm sixteen and I want to be a software developer/engineer. Newbie, but quick to learn. I used to dual boot with Windows XP and Lubuntu, but now it's all Lubuntu. My experimental computer is a Dell Dimension 2400, but my primary is an HP Pavilion G6, for now. I've used Windows ever since I had my first computer. One day I want to build my own Desktop and load with Ubuntu. As for now, no money, no job, and no great skills.
    Last edited by only one herm; April 22nd, 2013 at 02:21 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by only one herm View Post
    Hello, Herm here. I'm sixteen and I want to be a software developer/engineer. Newbie, but quick to learn. I used to dual boot with Windows XP and Lubuntu, but now it's all Lubuntu. My experimental computer is a Dell Dimension 2400, but my primary is an HP Pavilion G6, for now. I've used Windows ever since I had my first computer. One day I want to build my own Desktop and load with Ubuntu. As for now, no money, no job, and no great skills.
    Hi Herm,

Welcome from all in the forums, you've been here here for a little while now so no doubt you are getting around the layout O.K.

Glad you solved your first problem - I trust it will stay fixed.

I'm sure your so called lack of skills will quickly evaporate with time.

We have many members around your age in the forums - hopefully you will get to know them.

The main thing, as I have said to many, is to have fun and enjoy yourself.

Cheers -
    PopularPages Wiki Thread
    My New Blog

Beans
    Hidden!

Hi there everyone.
    My name is Leonardo and I've been using ubuntu for about a year, but I've only now gotten into the forums.
    I hope to be able to help others get into using ubuntu in the future.

Page 200 of 389 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202210250300 ... LastLast