Page 214 of 389 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214215216224264314 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,140 of 3890

Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Beans

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Hi all,

This is my second post on the board =)

My nick is as u can see bitmarxist. The place where i live is a country where talkin about the weather is always trending topic. The country called The Netherlands.

My interests

Programming, Styling, Hamradio, Security

I hope i can give and get some support overhere.

B1

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Wow,

You have all arrived at once,

To Feckless Waster, abhich, Kenc3 and B1,

A big welome to each of you from all in the forums - you certainly are a diverse group,

I apologize for not responding to each of you individually, I trust you won't mind.

Your interests are certainly very different but I think you will find here that we all have similar goals.

Have a good look around and join in whenever you wish!

Whether it is in the Cafe or in a support forum, your contributions are much appreciated.

Cheers and good luck -
    PopularPages: A very handy Documentation Search Tool used by many.
    PopularPages Wiki Thread
    My New Blog

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Oh, hi there!

This is my first day on this forum, and my very first post, too.

OK, so where do i start?

Me & Linux.

My (ex) boyfriend got interested in the Linux OS back in 1999, reading the manual while I read webcomics and filed my nails.
    Once he knew his way around, he installed it all for me.
    He also taught me the basics and installed a user-friendly version for me, so I could use the computer easily. Of course, whenever (rarely) there was a problem, he was around to fix it. So I didn't do or learn much...

Then came boyfriend number 2 - also a geek linux type. Can you sense a trend here?
    He installed and upgraded many versions of linux on my computer. I think I've had my current hardware in 1999, only changing the software regularly. Yep, I'm the conservative type, I guess.

OK, so now my (ex) boyfriend number 2 is all well and married (not to me) and has a kid (not from me) so I realized that, DUH, it's about time I learn more about linux on my own. Right?

This is important not only for me, but also for my community, as there is linux installed in the computers of an association I belong to. And they need their system upgraded real soon. i promised to take care of it by Monday June 24th in the afternoon.

I use xUbuntu at home, but have no idea where to look in order to know which version I have exactly - that will be my first question (will post it tomorrow).
    I've been using computers during my workday since 1989 and started using the internet in 1997 and had Linux since 1999. I'm no geek, but I guess i know a thing a two about computers.

I have a very wide range of interests. To name a few:
    reading/writing (old fashioned books, yes).
    Calligraphy, painting, typography, graphic design, architecture, product design - would love to mearn how to install beautiful type faces on my computer
    I speak 5 languages fluently
    I am passionate about: the written word, insects, tea, Japan & art

As to video games, I only played Dungeon Keeper II back in 1999. Would love to have it on my computer again. Need to ask about how to install it.

you get the idea.

-BM
    Last edited by Beautymist; June 20th, 2013 at 11:32 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Welcome Beautymist. Post separate threads about your many questions with descriptive titles and in the appropriate forum categories. Good luck.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

why yes, of course, separate and appropriate threads, Bucky Ball!

ty

-BM

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Hi Everyone, this is kaziweb from Ubuntu Qatar LoCo Team. I in Ubuntu from 9.04.

Trying to expand our Loco.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by kaziweb View Post
    Hi Everyone, this is kaziweb from Ubuntu Qatar LoCo Team. I in Ubuntu from 9.04.

Trying to expand our Loco.
    Hi kaziweb,

A very big welcome to you on behalf of all in the forums - I trust you will find some assistance here.

Have a good look around the forums and ask any questions you wish - we are a very friendly group you will find!

You have been using Ubuntu for quite a while now - if you wish to assist in the forums it will be most welcome.

All the best to you and good luck -
    PopularPages Wiki Thread
    My New Blog

Beans

hi I am a baby to ubuntu I ws bored so I though I would install Ubuntu to an older laptop hiphip huray lol i think anyway. getting fed up with windows now I entered a new territory all I can say is wow, got a lot of reading to do.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by newbie2ubunt2 View Post
    hi I am a baby to ubuntu I ws bored so I though I would install Ubuntu to an older laptop hiphip huray lol i think anyway. getting fed up with windows now I entered a new territory all I can say is wow, got a lot of reading to do.
    Hi newbie2ubunt2,

A big welcome to the forums on behalf of all of the members, you really are entering new territory -

We are a friendly bunch here - have a good look around and join in and ask as many questions as you wish.

Hopefully you will remain with us for many years - the main thing to remember is to have fun!

Cheers and good luck -
    PopularPages Wiki Thread
    My New Blog

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Hi BlinKinCat,

Thanks for your reply. I am admin and founder of Ubuntu Qatar. For sure I need help from this group for marketing Ubuntu in Qatar. Thanks again.

Kaziweb

Page 214 of 389 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214215216224264314 ... LastLast