Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 3890

Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Quote Originally Posted by NikolaiSlenderman View Post
    Hello my name is Nikolai, I discovered Linux 3 months ago, and I'm lovin' it.
    Welcome Nikolai !!
    “Progress is made by lazy men looking for easier ways to do things”
    — Robert A. Heinlein

Beans

Hi everyone. I am new both to ubuntu and this forum. I used the windows installer and am using firefox in the ubuntu gui but it's running incredibly slow! Glad to be here and this far along anyway.

Beans

hi there ! i am also a newbie here..hope to earn knowledge from the experts of this forum and those are willing to help ..thanks a lot! Godbless us all

jcka005

Beans

[newbie] Hello, I purchased an out of date powerbook a year ago. got tired of not being able to update to use my school web applications (kinda crucial for grades). being that I was broke, I decided to give Debian a try. Now the kids use that computer, I built a desktop and am running Ubuntu 12.04 and using XP as a VM for school work and printing on my old printer that I thought that I would never see print again. Although I am completly sold on Linux, I am however debating on installing on my Macbook. it will be only a matter of time though. Love the resources that this forum has to offer, and they have been more than helpful. Now I am running into issues that require live Q&A from the pros. someday I would like to be a resource myself and I am curious about some paper back readings (other than Linux for dummies)...
    Last edited by Darth Matthias; September 6th, 2012 at 08:12 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Welcome to the forums

Beans

Hi, I'm brazillian. Ubuntu user since 2009 and user from brazillian ubuntu forum.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Hello all!

I am new to Linux and Ubuntu. I have been on here off and on for a couple of years.

I develop software for a living and have been doing it for the past 25 years. Microsoft has been good to me and my family but recently I have not been able to understand their business model and their new direction. So I have decided that it was time to dive into Ubuntu and re-tool myself and not look back.

So far the experience has been great.
    Last edited by Noble Bell; September 7th, 2012 at 10:46 PM. Reason: spelling
    Thanks and God bless,
    Noble
    http://www.noblebell.com

Beans

Greetings,

A few of years ago, a friend gave me a disc of 9.4 and said, you gotta check out this OS called Ubuntu. I didn't do much with it until I needed to revive an old laptop that couldn't run win any more. Once I did and started using it I really liked it. When I built my first desktop about a year and a half ago, I put Ubuntu on it and haven't looked back.

Aside from web browsing and the usual usages, I like to tinker around with Python, Hadoop, LAMP dev and other various projects. As I get more experience with Ubuntu customization and troubleshooting, I think it's time to start contributing back to the community.

Glad to be here.

Beans
    Hidden!

hi all, i've never been here before, i swear. love the orange logo. what is ubuntu again, is that some sort of program?

Beans

Good morning all,

Coming back to the fray. A user of unix many moons ago, who due to being oversubscribed in his free time and the pressures of work, has been stuck in the Winworld. I finally found a moment to install Ubuntu on a decrepit laptop. What a surprise. My decrepit machine was a teenager again. Oh yes, "vi" editor was still there. Lot's of items seem to have changed, but the basic guts seem to be working. Now I need to figure out what the heck is all this new stuff and where/how I used to do the old stuff. Ain't memory loss grand

Page 160 of 389 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170210260 ... LastLast