Page 154 of 389 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164204254 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 3890

Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Beans

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Hello everyone! I am just getting into using Ubuntu/Lubuntu and find it quite difficult (when compared to windows) but nonetheless very interesting and fun! I look forward to being a part of this community and learning all I possibly can about Linux-based OS's.

Welcome to the forums everyone

Beans

Hey guys im Leigh im new to anything linux based just changed from windows to ubuntu but im loving it, just enjoying reading the tutorials and trying to soak up as much info as i can

Beans

Dave Mejias Ubuntu N00b!

Hi guys, my name is Dave Mejias, I'm a webmaster and I'm new to Ubuntu Forums. I have been all over the online world in search of a site to spend time at, and I believe that this community is where I want to get going. I think that I can learn by reading more, which will raise my knowledge and general understanding..

If you guys know where I really should get started it would be fantastic if you could post a few links with details or threads about how I can get caught up, and start off getting involved. Thanks for the assistance.

Respectfully,

Dave Mejias

Beans

Re: Dave Mejias Ubuntu N00b!

Welcome Dave! I'm actually new here too and I suppose it would be a good idea for me to join with you on the catching up. I'm currently an IST student at Penn State and as I've gotten further along in my studying (with also building a few of my own computers), I have become more and more fascinated by the open source world. Some of my computer engineering background may have also triggered that. Either way I think I may have found a good home here and definitely look forward to getting more involved in the community.

Beans
    Hidden!

Thread merged.

Welcome to the forum.

Beans

Hi -- Ed here -- upgrading from Lucid to Precise, love FOSS -- but finding ya gotta be willing to work for it! Having prob w. Claws mail, will lk for approp. thread to post quest

Cheers...
    Ed

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Quote Originally Posted by erippy View Post
    Hi -- Ed here -- upgrading from Lucid to Precise, love FOSS -- but finding ya gotta be willing to work for it! Having prob w. Claws mail, will lk for approp. thread to post quest

Cheers...
    Ed
    Create a thread here:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=331
    Come to #ubuntuforums! We have cookies! | Basic Ubuntu Security Guide

Tomorrow's an illusion and yesterday's a dream, today is a solution...

Beans

Smile Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Hi everybody,

My name is Bill. After using Ubuntu for a few years, with mixed success, I've finally decided to take the plunge and get serious with this relationship!

OK, corny, but there's no doubt in my mind that the IT world is a better place because of all the hard work put into the open-source and free software projects. And it's my turn to get involved.

Beans

Well hello there folks!

My name's Scott Bready (see what I did there with the username? There are more awesome puns just waiting to escape) and I'm from Glasgow, Scotland. Been toying with the idea of switching to Ubuntu mainly on principle, as I agree that the development of FOSS is the best way forward. In terms of technology I know about as much as your average Joe, but I'm ready and willing to learn.

Ubuntu's been good to me so far with Precise Pangolin, so I thought I'd be nice back and make an appearance on the forums.

Cheers folks,
    Breadified.
    Last edited by Breadified; August 4th, 2012 at 12:30 AM. Reason: Fixing a mistype

Page 154 of 389 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164204254 ... LastLast