Page 324 of 389 FirstFirst ... 224274314322323324325326334374 ... LastLast
Results 3,231 to 3,240 of 3890

Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

hello k-tech; Welcome to the forum in general

and WelComE back to the fold in particular . 'buntu has come a long long way since those simpler days .. and just keeps getting better and better ... keeping up with the hardware !

This forum also functions as an institution of learning ... all 'buntu questions are welcome, and the best part .. in this great community, someone knows !

Learning this operating system, as frustrating as it can be, is a joyful enterprise; A fast moving target and the learning is never ending.

enjoy the ride
    THE current(cy) in Documentation:
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/PopularPages

Happy ubuntu'n !

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Welcome to all new Ubuntu-eers!

Quote Originally Posted by k-tech View Post
    My home computer use is just for web browsing, email, participating in a handful of forums, so I thought something light and clean like Linux would fit the bill nicely.
    If this is all you're doing and you want something light, you could get lighter and still stay in the officially supported Ubuntu family of flavours.

Why not give Xubuntu or Lubuntu a try in a Live session from the boot device ('Try *buntu' from the first options screen). If you really want to go light and for a steep learning curve, why not try the minimal install, add a lightweight desktop environment (like xfce4 or lxde) and a package manager to install things (like Synaptic) and take it from there.

If you want to delve into this further and need more help, don't hesitate to post a thread in one of the support areas. Have fun.
    Last edited by Bucky Ball; July 25th, 2016 at 08:10 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Bashing-om View Post
    hello k-tech; Welcome to the forum in general

and WelComE back to the fold in particular . 'buntu has come a long long way since those simpler days .. and just keeps getting better and better ... keeping up with the hardware !

This forum also functions as an institution of learning ... all 'buntu questions are welcome, and the best part .. in this great community, someone knows !

Learning this operating system, as frustrating as it can be, is a joyful enterprise; A fast moving target and the learning is never ending.

enjoy the ride
    Thank you, Bashing-om! I'm okay with a little frustration, because I get a kick out of finding solutions!

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky Ball View Post
    Welcome to all new Ubuntu-eers!

If this is all you're doing and you want something light, you could get lighter and still stay in the officially supported Ubuntu family of flavours.

Why not give Xubuntu or Lubuntu a try in a Live session from the boot device ('Try *buntu' from the first options screen). If you really want to go light and for a steep learning curve, why not try the minimal install, add a lightweight desktop environment (like xfce4 or lxde) and a package manager to install things (like Synaptic) and take it from there.

If you want to delve into this further and need more help, don't hesitate to post a thread in one of the support areas. Have fun.
    Hey Bucky Ball, and thanks! There are a lot of options that I'm considering, and quite frankly, I'm a bit overwhelmed. I just wanted to go with the standard Ubuntu installation and just kinda go from there. I've got a lot of homework to do before I start getting my hands into the guts of the OS.

Beans

Hello everyone. I'm totally oblivious as to what I'm doing with Ubuntu but I'm trying to learn Python and Pygame stuff. I have 2 Raspberry Pi(s) and an Arduino Nano {Raspbian on the Pi(s), 100% Ubuntu on a laptop and Ubuntu through Oracle VM VirtualBox on my desktop}. I'm wanting to learn and do stuff, but I always try to cram as much knowledge into my skull as fast as I can.. (gets frustrating when you mix code wording up and nothing works).. I came here to find a good start with my new venture. I'm open to any and all ideas. The only thing that I have managed to do is to stream Steam wirelessly from my desktop to my Raspberry Pi but I want to do so much more..

So far, with what I have seen, this place is pretty amazing with tons of friendly people! Kudos to all of you!

((((How long do I have to wait before I can create a new thread? Just tried and was yelled at by the server))))
    Last edited by vader-xanth; August 1st, 2016 at 08:11 AM.

Beans

Hey all, I'm Muhammet from Turkey, been an Ubuntu user for about 6 years and working as a devops for about 3 years (mostly ubuntu servers) . for years i've searched smt on this forum but today i want to signup and want to help the newbiess. God bless ubuntu'ers
    Best,

Beans

Hi, I joined this forum today, and I am the 2,029,774th user! My favourite OS is Ubuntu, and I run mostly Linux software when I install Windows. Open-source FTW!

Beans

I guess I will have to start all over, but not a real "biggee". I lost my original username 'colin.p' when the first security breach hit back in (I think) 2013. I never bothered to get that sorted out and just now re-created a new log-in using my ubuntu one login. So here I am again. I just did an upgrade to 16.04 from 14.04 and am having an issue with the "Ubuntu Software" program and tried to start a thread in the "General" section, but got a 403 error so I figured I had to do my first post here.

edit: interestingly, I have a different username again and seem to have created an account in 2013. I have absolutely no idea how that happened at all. Oh well, again no biggee.
    Last edited by kickstartc; August 12th, 2016 at 12:33 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Hello and welcome to the forums, kickstartc.

We can try to get you hooked back up with your old Forum user name if you will make a post in the Resolution Centre.

The 403 actually has to do with some frustrations we have been experiencing with the Forum software for a few weeks. We're hoping Canonical IT gets that cleared up for us soon.
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans

Hi every one, i'm Nina, i'm from ThaiLand, Nice to meet you

Beans

Hi,

I am an independent java developer and Ubuntu enthousiast.

Best Regards,

Nikos

Page 324 of 389 FirstFirst ... 224274314322323324325326334374 ... LastLast