Page 376 of 389 FirstFirst ... 276326366374375376377378386 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,760 of 3886

Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Hi Tomasz_Witko, welcome back, glad to have you here and glad you are back into your original account.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Tomasz_Witko View Post
    Greetings all, My name is Tom and I used to be involved with the Ubuntu Forum community in the 2006 old days. I was heavily involved in the Forum community helping people and had about a thousand of post back then. I am starting to get back into the Forum community after a very long break from it. The Ubuntu Forum community was one of my main things back then.

Edit: Just found my Old username on the forums lol.
    Hello this is the above mentioned Tom. I managed to recover my original account "Omnios" thanks to the great admin. Great thanks to "wildmanne39" for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by wildmanne39 View Post
    Hi Tomasz_Witko, welcome back, glad to have you here and glad you are back into your original account.
    It is good to see that the Ubuntu Community is still awsome!
    quick program launch left mac type bar

Started by Omnios, December 30th, 2007 11:49 AM

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Hails!

I could swear I've been here since more like 2008 and I had a couple hundred beans but now it's saying 2014 and only a couple beans! Oh well. It has been a while since I've visited these forums and I do miss them!

Been running various flavours of Ubuntu since at least 2006. Started with Fedora Core 2 or 3 on my friends rig and we went through the upgrade process together. From there, I was hooked. Been doing plenty of distro hopping ever since, even built Gentoo and Arch but always default back to a Debian based system.

Used to build and sell PCs but they're so cheap now and everyone's got a handheld mobile computer...!
    Earliest computer I used/parents owned was something with windows 3.1 I think? I also remember some old apples from school that didn't do much other than load a writing program and a coloring/drawing program. It didn't take me long to learn the insides and out. I'm not Master Computerer by any means, though.

Beans

Hello forums my name is Kenny, my first taste of Linux was Ubuntu 6.04, went back and forth between various Linux distributions and windows for a number of years. I have considered Linux and Ubuntu in particular my main and desired operating system since somewhere around 10.10 or possibly 12.04?

Still love distro hopping but taking more advantage of tools like virtual box now instead of nuking my install every couple weeks. Its just too much trouble trying to keep up with the various releases that come out endlessly.
    I view myself as more of a tourist on the forums since most problems I can typically solve myself through my own experience and googling and I don't know enough to help other people but I just like checking in every so often to see what's going on but I'll do what I can where I am able.

Currently attempting to learn programming via python scripting to automate some tasks (like re-installs....) and reading some material on golang and kotlin. I've always wanted to somehow contribute to or create my own open source project.
    Last edited by kennyh7279; July 30th, 2020 at 12:39 PM.

Beans

Hello Forums... I also was a 2006-2007 ubuntu regular that had a lot of posts, mostly just desktop screenshots and helping new users with simple answers. I haven't used my old account name since those days and am going to start fresh with this new account...

I've mostly been using Archlinux and other Arch distros, and have recently been using clearlinux on my new intel NUC10i7. I really liked how fast and modern clearlinux felt, but I don't feel like building everything from scratch at this moment so I decided to give ubuntu a try again after all of these years.

So far I am very glad that I did.

Everything has been rock solid and works perfectly and also has a very new and modern polished feel.

I'm only having one issue which is with secure boot, and that is probably because of the non-traditional way that I installed everything. As long as I select F10 on the intel NUC boot menu from the bios screen, then it (skips grub?) and goes straight into my luks2 password screen (which looks beautiful with the nice ubuntu logo branding) and after that everything works perfectly normal from there.

I'm going to make another post about the secure boot issue and figure it out later.
    Last edited by howefield; August 19th, 2020 at 06:47 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Hello oldschool-snowboarder

Welcome back into the fold

With your expertise, I am sure you will be a great help.

-It's ubuntu & together we can-
    THE current(cy) in Documentation:
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/PopularPages

Happy ubuntu'n !

Beans

Thank you for welcoming me back.
    Last edited by howefield; August 19th, 2020 at 06:46 PM.

Beans

Hi, I'm Sven, living in Germany. Haven't had anything to do with linux in the past 20 years, and also before not much. Now I'm trying to get away from Windows XP, finally, it's really time to do so. I have a tiny little network, but with no experience it's quite a challenge. It's 2 computers, 2 laptops, 2 printers and one scanner. So that should not be too difficult, but it's not easy either. I'll have to ask for your advice, sorry.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Hello svenmatti - Welcome to the Forum.

I'll have to ask for your advice,
    Help is what we do - all ya got to do is ask, in the appropriate sub-forum.

You do have a lot of experience to share. We can look forward to your contributions.

we are all in this together
    THE current(cy) in Documentation:
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/PopularPages

Happy ubuntu'n !

Beans

Hi guys: I have been using Ubuntu, off and on, for the past 9 years and I am still as clueless about how to do basic things but I have been able to work on Ubuntu specifically for the word processing aspects. So yes, I need a lot of help down the road. Although I am able to follow methodologically, step by step, when I am in the terminal, although the computer lingo can be quite challenging for me. I know without this forum, I would never have been able to do half the things that I have been doing. So I am definitely grateful for all you braniacs for being there for us newbies. I apologize if, some of my questions, may not be as challenging as some, but I have had problems with Ubuntu on my other laptop so I am trying to do it right on this one. Thanks again.

Page 376 of 389 FirstFirst ... 276326366374375376377378386 ... LastLast