Page 71 of 389 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121171 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Hello and welcome, I hope you all enjoy interacting with the community that frequents these boards.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I've been using ubuntu on and off since 6.04. Only recently, however, have I made the decision to devote myself fully to this OS. Looking for ways to get involved and these forums seems like the best place to start.
    The 800lb penguin in the room

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hi I'm Rimi from India. I'm a novelist with three published titles and I also teach English at a university here. I'm working on my fourth novel and a couple of graphic novels. I've just installed Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx and am still tweaking it to my liking. Before that I tried Knoppix 6.4 which was awesome but couldn't install my printer. I've posted more about my experiences on my blog

Beans

me read

hey my name is nathan makanza please this my first time on the ubuntu forum's and like you i too am ageek

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: me read

Welcome to the forum, Nathan. Hope you find it a useful place.

Beans

used ubuntu for about a year and very happy with it installed on main computer and x2 laptops only problem i have is one laptop has to have winxp as well as i use a obd interface for car problems i have searched ubuntu software but cant find any programmes for the obd interface it would be handy as i could then leave winxp behind
    Ron

Beans

Hello everyone I'm 19, looking forward to learn and understand Ubuntu very well. I've been using the forum for few months now but it wasn't until today that I decided to make the account, don't know why.

Beans

Hello!

Been here for 3 years, though only written ~30 posts and haven't introduced myself.
    My name is Kromgol and i recently decided to try out Linux again, but unfortunately not Ubuntu as i do now sit with Arch Linux which suits my needs better.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I've been a registered member for over one year but never really wrote something.
    Anyways, I've been a Linux over since 2005, I guess. I started with Kurumin, a late Brazilian distro based on Knoppix, focused on newbie users. The thing is that I didn't like it very much so I thought basically that Linux sucked. So, when I tried Ubuntu 6.04 I realized how great Ubuntu is.

I am a PHP programmer and I feel that lately a sense of "open source" has awakened in me hahaha, so I just feel like being more part of the free world.

On a more personal thing I love Metal music and I own an XBOX360 which I wish I had more time to play. XBOX is from Microsoft, but it doesn't mean I'll be hostilized or even banned from here, right?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Wink Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Hi

I tried many linux distros. I tested (in this order) Ubuntu 9.??, Uberstudent, Kubuntu 11.04, Mandriva 2010, OpenSuse 11.3 and 11.4 and know I am back with Ubuntu Why? Because I was looking for a stable system to maintain my digital media (music, books and personal documents) and to support my hardware.

My latest distro failed to do this so that is why I chose for ubuntu 10.04 LTS

I like visual novels, listen to metal and electronic music, watch a good anime. I hope I learn a thing or two about linux here and that I don't break my system to often

Page 71 of 389 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121171 ... LastLast