Page 132 of 389 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142182232 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 3890

Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Beans

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Quote Originally Posted by overdrank View Post
    Hi and welcome, threads merged
    Thank you. I tried to find a introduction/welcome thread but couldn't find one. Cheers for merging

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Hi, my name is John and I'm a bash-a-holic

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by for.i.am.root View Post
    Hi, my name is John and I'm a bash-a-holic
    I'm not familiar with that term... "bash-a-holic"?
    It's not what you know but who you know!

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Bringing old hardware back to life. About problems due to upgrading.
    Please visit Quick Links -> Unanswered Posts.
    Don't use this space for a list of your hardware. It only creates false hits in the search engines.

Beans

Hello everyone!! I've been using Linux since the 17th of April. My WindowsXp somehow deleted itself from my hdd and I've not got the disc to put it back. So, in a way, I'm kind of being forced to use Ubuntu.

It looks like I've got a lot of reading to do.

Beans

Hello there, Ubuntu community! My name is Matthew, I am 16 years old, and I live in Massachusetts. Been using Ubuntu for a whole 18 hours and I am loving it thus far. Before installing I used VirtualBox to test out several Linux distros. After testing Arch Linux, Fedora, Fuduntu, MintLinux, and Ubuntu (originally tested with Wubi), I decided to go with Ubuntu. Loving it so much, the UI is perfect, the Terminal is impeccable, and I feel so free on this operating system; good riddance Win7! Anyhow, my interests have brought me to get Linux. Programming basically, your creativity is the limit, and I was so restricted with Win7. Now I am on a great operating system, seemingly catered to my needs. Wine takes care of my Win7 programs, so I am never going back.

Here I am rambling again, well, I am an aspiring graphic designer, computer programmer, and community manager. Graphic design is awesome. I just love manipulating images to be furthermore appealing to the eye, and I just love how powerful Photoshop is. My creativity is the limit with that program; I love it! Just recently I have gotten into the computer programming scene and I really love it. I've just touched upon Lua, Java, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, PHP, and SQL. By touched upon, I really mean skim-read tutorials. Lua I did extensively for about a week, then kind of stopped because I was so curious about the other languages, so I then moved onto Java. Then I got curious again! Moved onto HTML, CSS, JavaScript, PHP, and SQL after that. Really enjoying myself with HTML/CSS because I blend my graphic design love with my programming desires, so I really get lost in my own little world when making webpages. Lastly, my community management desires. I was a Senior Moderator (essentially a global moderator and a mentor to the 'junior' ranks) on a separate forum, and there was an administrative group called a "Community Manager". I'm really fascinated by the role of a Community Manager and I hope to develop community management skills and eventually run my own forum community (with my own forum engine later down the line).

P.S. I love to write/type/use forums if you haven't noticed already.

tl;dr: My name is Matthew, I'm 16 years old, and I am interested in graphic design, programming, and managing communities.

Beans

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here, JKSully

Hi. Forum community, I never knew there was a Ubuntu community until I had trouble with something and then got help from some posts and now I want to help others. I really like figuring out Wireless(LAN). So if you need help... swedish-girls-uk.jpg

Beans

Geez, this is LOOOOOOOOONG, I started linux (ubuntu and fedora) since about november 2011.

Beans

Back to Ubuntu, after some time in various other places..... Hello!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Another convert checking in. I seem to go through spells swapping over to linux and never quite making the full leap finding myself instead booting back to Windows rather than mastering tasks natively. I shall avail myself of the forums and hopefully this time will be more than a fair weather friend.

Page 132 of 389 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142182232 ... LastLast