Page 103 of 389 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 3890

Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Beans

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Well, I've been here since June (a month after I installed Natty), but never introduced myself.

I'm ViperDVMan (pronouced Viper 'da V-man). I'm just a working man, about to get back into school. I'm also a big time car nut, gamer, anime fan, and computer nerd. I have 2 computers (desktop and netbook). Desktop runs Windows XP and Ubuntu 11.04, and the netbook runs Windows 7 Starter and Ubuntu 11.04.

I've known about Linux for eons, but I actually started dipping my toes into it after the New Year this year, mainly playing with Lucid Lynx on a LiveUSB. I tried Natty on a LiveUSB as well (despite hearing about Unity's woes with some of the community), and decided to install Natty on the desktop in May and the netbook in June. Ever since then, I run Ubuntu far more than I run Windows on both computers.

I also like to play with other distros as well, most of them on LiveUSB's. I do set aside another partition (may set aside a second one too) for playing around with full installs of other distros. I'm liking playing with Linux (especially Ubuntu), a lot.
    Don't like Unity? Hate it? Not your cup of coffee? Ubuntu does provide choices. There's GNOME Shell, KDE Plasma, Xfce, LXDE, and now MATE and Cinnamon. Take your pick

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

New here

Just installed ubuntu this morning. So happy to get away from Windows. I guess it will be a gradual change as I get used to the new environment. I have a million questions. Biggest problem is I do not know how to ask them since I really don't know a whole lot about linux. Have used it from time to time in the past but it will be my O/S of choice now.

Hope I don't get too annoying as I start to learn.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: New here

Quote Originally Posted by glennbates View Post
    Just installed ubuntu this morning. So happy to get away from Windows. I guess it will be a gradual change as I get used to the new environment. I have a million questions. Biggest problem is I do not know how to ask them since I really don't know a whole lot about linux. Have used it from time to time in the past but it will be my O/S of choice now.

Hope I don't get too annoying as I start to learn.
    Hi, welcome to the forums

We have a thread for introductions and here it is. Feel free to ask away.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: New here

There is no such thing as a stupid question.....

Actually, let me retract that before you look at the questions I asked.....

Welcome again

Jonobr
    You can tell a man who boozes by the company he chooses, as the pig got up and slowly walked away.

Beans

Thumbs up Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Hello people!
    I'm Jose. A portuguese newbie to Ubuntu, and to linux as well.
    Just a victim of "microsoft at schools" i guess ;P

Hope to find some help here and, perhaps in the near future start helping too

Cheers!

Beans

I'm Pablo from Colombia, been using ubuntu since jaunty jackalope but just joined the communty.

Beans

Arrow Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Hi everyone I've been playing around with Ubuntu for a couple of months. Really fascinated with Linux and all it's flavors. I just bought a used Netbook so I could run Ubuntu only without compliants for the other users in my household. I'll work on them.

Steel44w
    from Canada

No it doesn't snow all the time and yes we do have summer months

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Hi,

I'm not new here, I've been around for two years maybe. I'm here to say hi to all new users and offering my help.

amjjawad at your service regarding anything related to Lubuntu.
    I'm a member of Lubuntu Team. I'm in charge of many things but mainly Forum Support and Writing Guides/HOWTOs.

Please have a look at my signature: Lubuntu One Stop Thread and if you need anything regarding Lubuntu, just let me know.

Thank you and welcome to Ubuntu Forum

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Welcome everyone !
    | My old and mostly abandoned blog |
    Linux user #413984 ; Ubuntu user #178
    J'aime les fraises.
    Nighty night me lovelies!

| Reinstalling Ubuntu ? Please check this bug first ! |
    | Using a ppa ? Please install ppa-purge from universe, you may need it should you want to revert packages back |
    | No support requests / username changes by PM, thanks. |
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Hi all,

I new to the Ubuntu forums and learning a lot here.

Ive been using ubuntu for about 3 years now and have loved it all, Started on 8.04LTS, lol

Discovered Ubuntu when i was really bored one night and had an old laptop spare. Best boredom killer ever.

Anyway hello all.

Page 103 of 389 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast