Page 82 of 389 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132182 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

My name is Matt. I have been using Ubuntu off and on since 2007. Never really learning it that well. I bought a net book running W7 Starter and was getting tired of it's Sloth like reflexes so I moved back to Linux. Beginning with Mint. Then 11.04 came out and I jumped back on to Ubuntu. I LOVE IT. So much that I refuse anything Windows i.e. my old zune. Would rather have an mp3 player that works with Ubuntu than than duel booting just for music. Yes I am a Unity fan. I find it fast and clean. Looking forward to meeting others and learning all that I can about Ubuntu Linux.

Beans
    Distro

Jesse here,
    Just joined the forum today. Before I create a thread, I will be doing some searching for a while to see what I can learn here. I have 11.04 installed and running on an old Pentium 4 1.8GHz system that I have had since 2001. Been in the IBM mainframe world for many many years and had some experience with AIX on RS/6000 back in the late 90's, but this is my first venture into the Linux world. Am having lots of fun with it so far.

Beans
    Distro

hi name is Knowles ...love Ubuntu, first time i tried it my laptop crash... i'm pree much an expert on ubuntu ... love the interface ...finally something better than a mac or pc

Beans

Whats happenin!
    My name is Ruby, I'm learning Ubuntu with some friends at school, it's the coolest thing ever. My Dad only likes Windows... yawn so I am here to learn and prove him wrong. My Dad once said if Ubuntu made crisps they'd taste of failure, I don't know what he means really but I'm learning about computers and our IT teacher says Linux is the future. So yay for Ubuntu. Hope your ok to help a noob.
    Bye bye.

Welcome to the forum everyone.

Beans

hi all,

I'm being using ubuntu since yesterday, it was my first experience with linux.
    i used windows a few years ago, and i was using mac osx and i was kind of bored with the internet.

i just bought a used asus Eeepc seashell 1015PE atom 450/2gb/250hd/13 hours battery and installed 11.04.
    i was impressed that everything worked out-of-the-box.
    -sound-wireless-keyboard-trackpad
    -100% working, except the built in webcam that i haven't figured out how to test it (maybe Skype).
    i couldn't wait any longer for the asus 1215 with ubuntu built in in a italian website.

i already make a mess in compiz trying to use the cube, but thanks to the wonderfull ubuntu community i find the solutions easily.

im loving the experience with ubuntu 11.04 its very easy to use for newbies like me.
    i hope we can have loads of fun learning.
    thanks
    xpto

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by xpto View Post
    -100% working, except the built in webcam that i haven't figured out how to test it (maybe Skype).
    Hi xpto, and welcome to the forums

Check out 'Cheese'. It's a nice webcam booth application and is in the repositories. Goto Synaptic, install it and see if it works for you.

Hope you'll enjoy your experience with Ubuntu/Linux
    Varun
    Help others by marking threads as [SOLVED], if they are. (See how)
    Wireless Script | Use Code Tags

Beans

tooloose

My laptop belonged to Fred, been trying to resurrect the beast. Been casual
    using since 8 something, now running 10.04 LTS since day 1. Trying to keep
    old-timers at bay. (That sheisse is way bad.) Need lotsa help every-now-and-then.

Ubuntu been berry berry good to me. Lloyd Bridges is mas muy macho. My credentials speak for my era gone crazy. FOOD FIGHT!!!!

Good Vodka, is better than human growth whatevers.

too young to squeeze, too late to remember, tooloose to hellandback.
    screw it.

guess you recognized me. go 'noles. i am TooLoose. L8R.

Beans

Hi all,

I thought to post here my first before getting into deeper water. Congratulations to Ubuntu community for the excellent presence.

Wtower

Beans

Hi - I'm Chris & like a fair few have tried various distributions of Linux in the past & finished up going back to Windows, until now! I currently have loaded Ubuntu 11.04 64-bit (classic desktop - better IMHO).

Why did I change? Well, I don't know about anyone else but I was getting fed up of the resource hog Windows seems to be these days, long pauses, hangs etc. I was sick and tired of looking at the egg timer & hearing my HD thrashing about even to perform the simplest of tasks!

Since using Ubuntu things are zipping along nicely & one thing I don't here is my HD thrashing about as it did in Windows. Everything is so much more responsive.

I'm having a few issues with 64-bit, drivers etc but I am prepared to be be patient and seek the solutions. It kind of reminds me of the days when I use to fiddle and tweak with DOS 3.X in the early 1980s well before Windows came along. It's a steep learning curve for a 59 year old to get to grips with a lot that is behind the OS but I am going to hang on in there.

The developers deserve high praise indeed for getting to a point where they can credibly take on Windows and the fact that it does not cost us shouldn't be forgotten. If one of them happens to look in then thanks

Page 82 of 389 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132182 ... LastLast