Page 338 of 389 FirstFirst ... 238288328336337338339340348388 ... LastLast
Results 3,371 to 3,380 of 3890

Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Beans

New (ecstatic) Ubuntu 16.04 user!

Recently decided to start learning linux; After a long haul I've finally made it to the proper starting techniques
    and am working on hosting multiple server types. (Gaming and Web.) I find myself hosting for others, and am
    excited to learn more about computer science this way. It took me so long, I never thought I'd figure it out, but, here I am!

Thank all you other users for your insight.
    Last edited by sleepingpanda; June 7th, 2017 at 05:38 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: New (ecstatic) Ubuntu 16.04 user!

Thread moved to The Cafe.

Welcome and good luck setting up the servers.

Beans

I want to volunteer for Ubuntu, but not sure where to start.

I got a B.A. (Bachelor of Arts) in computer science, couldn't pass Calculus II. I wanted to get a job right out of college and my professors failed to warn me about what happens next. I immediately ran into "you need work experience to get the job." So, I'm saddled with student debt trying to make it on my own, and now I can't get a job in computer science until I have work experience. So, I end up doing the job before I got my college degree, because I couldn't wait to earn money.

Anyways, now I'm considering trying to use my degree and I want to volunteer for Ubuntu, but I have no idea where to start. I'm fairly new to Ubuntu, been using Xubuntu and Ubuntu for about seven months. My programming is rusty, I haven't programmed in years after being frustrated about not being warned about that a 4 year degree is not enough to get a paying job in computer science.

Sorry, if this is in the wrong area or if my post comes off as a rant. If someone could point me in the right direction ideally I could help Ubuntu become a better operating system and get some valuable work experience. If volunteering for Ubuntu is too difficult for me given the above, can someone point me where to volunteer to get work experience, please?

Beans

Re: I want to volunteer for Ubuntu, but not sure where to start.

@evilpoptart2, please see New! Ubuntu Find-A-Task
    Last edited by vasa1; June 11th, 2017 at 11:12 AM.

Beans

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Hello. Total newbie who does not even use UBUNTU yet. I just joined the community after being unable to download UBUNTU from the website. I thought I might be able to resolve the issue and will be in search mode for a while. There seems to be a great deal of information here and I will be browsing until I feel a bit more comfortable with where things are. Thanks for your patience.

Beans

I'm Abele. I'm new here

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

jeremy2017; Hello ; Welcome to the forum - in general

And to 'buntu in particular

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy2017 View Post
    I'm Abele. I'm new here
    We were all new at one time - does not take long with effort - to become adjusted .

As you have concerns and questions, do not hesitate to ask.
    The only dumb question here is the one that is not asked .

'buntu
    together we can
    THE current(cy) in Documentation:
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/PopularPages

Happy ubuntu'n !

Beans

I'm a self-taught computer hobbyist. My day job is a radio design engineer. I am also in a band so have applications for computers for sound and light control. I am mostly a computer user but can "go under the hood" at times as I have been dabbling in Unix and Linux since 1990. I have various Desktop systems running Linux along with a bunch RPi, Beaglebone and Odroid.

Beans

Hello all Finally taking a proper look into Linux. I currently use both Windows 10 and macOS Sierra.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Welcome to the forum shaneee, good to have you here, kick your shoes off and stay a while.

Page 338 of 389 FirstFirst ... 238288328336337338339340348388 ... LastLast