Page 198 of 389 FirstFirst ... 98148188196197198199200208248298 ... LastLast
Results 1,971 to 1,980 of 3886

Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hello, I'm a little late but better late than never.

This is my first merry go round with Linux. My name is John. I build my own computers, this desktop included.

I strayed away from Mac OSX when they refused to sell me the latest release. They stopped providing security updates for Snow Leo, I don't do windows, so I always heard good thing about linux.

I have no schooling on any of this. Anything I know about computers I learned from the internet and my friend google. Including how to build them.

I do admit that gadgetry of all sorts has my attention if that makes me a geek so be it. .

Although I'm having sort of a tough time learning the linux way of doing things, I'm not giving up and will continue to struggle through till I get it right.

John

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

@breezypt , I merged your thread, with the Introduce yourself thread.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Hello, I'm a little late but better late than never.

Quote Originally Posted by breezypt View Post
    This is my first merry go round with Linux. My name is John. I build my own computers, this desktop included.

I strayed away from Mac OSX when they refused to sell me the latest release. They stopped providing security updates for Snow Leo, I don't do windows, so I always heard good thing about linux.

I have no schooling on any of this. Anything I know about computers I learned from the internet and my friend google. Including how to build them.

I do admit that gadgetry of all sorts has my attention if that makes me a geek so be it. .

Although I'm having sort of a tough time learning the linux way of doing things, I'm not giving up and will continue to struggle through till I get it right.

John
    Better late than never? We're just getting started!

Welcome
    // Blog

Beans

Hi everyone! My name is Jeff (jeffce) and have been around many forums online specifically the malware removal forums. I have recently started looking at Ubuntu and wanted to continue learning about it as I very much enjoyed what I saw. I look forward to meeting new people and if anyone has any questions of me please feel free to ask.

Jeff

Beans

Red face Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Hello,

I am new here and just got interested in using Ubuntu. There is still a lot that I do not know, if you are willing to help me, I am very happy.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by jeffce View Post
    Hi everyone! My name is Jeff (jeffce) and have been around many forums online specifically the malware removal forums. I have recently started looking at Ubuntu and wanted to continue learning about it as I very much enjoyed what I saw. I look forward to meeting new people and if anyone has any questions of me please feel free to ask.

Jeff
    Hi Jeff,

With your field of expertize you will find numerous threads that you may find to be of interest you. Your input will be welcomed.

Quote Originally Posted by ygat View Post
    Hello,

I am new here and just got interested in using Ubuntu. There is still a lot that I do not know, if you are willing to help me, I am very happy.
    Hi ygat,

I see you have already posted a problem on the forums - I hope that you get it sorted out.

To both of you I offer a big welcome from all in the forums. You will find that there are many people here that will be of assistance when you need it.

Have a good look around to see what interests you - many post regularly in the Cafe. You will find that we are a very friendly bunch around here.

Cheers -
    PopularPages: A very handy Documentation Search Tool used by many.
    PopularPages Wiki Thread
    My New Blog

Beans

Thank you BlinkinCat for the warm welcome! I have already found a few topics that coincide with what it is I am looking at pursuing.

Beans

Smile Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Hey, I'm Zoe and I have been using Linux on and off for about 12 years. I started on Ubuntu, but then had to switch to Mandriva as it was the only one I could find that would work with my laptop's wifi card! But now am back to Ubuntu or Mint Building a new computer today, so hoping that everything will work nicely We shall see!!

Great to be a member of these forums and look forward to hearing from you all

Welcome to you all.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Hi guys,
    I'm Steve and I'm from Ireland. Been running Lubuntu 12.04 LTS on my Dell Mini for the past few months and it's been a very positive experience for the most part. I've always been a fan of the foss philosophy so I'm happy to finally have a GNU/Linux system and to be a member of the community. Looks like there are some good people here. I've been around computers a while but I've only recently taken up programming and electronics. Aside from command-line I'm learning Python and C. Also messing about with an Arduino kit as I'm starting a degree course in Mechatronics this year (god help me!). Really looking forward to it though.

I hope to be able to answer some questions on the forums as soon as I've a bit more experience myself. I'm here to learn, help out when I can, make some friends and have a bita fun, so feel free to give me a shout if there's anything I can do for you or you just fancy a chat. Oh yeah.. I'm mad into music and movies, I enjoy gaming (mostly Halo and Topspin 4) and HT systems. And beers of course..

Take it easy : ]

Steve

Page 198 of 389 FirstFirst ... 98148188196197198199200208248298 ... LastLast