Results 2,331 to 2,340 of 3890

Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Hi all newcomers.

And to Peter1968. Hope you are not near the bush-fires. Tragic events.

Welcome naveenhush-hush. What you should do about your wireless issue is post a thread about it with a descriptive title in Networking & Wireless. This is a non-support thread in a non-support section so you will get no help with it here, sorry. Thanks and good luck.
    Last edited by Bucky Ball; October 24th, 2013 at 02:11 PM.

Beans

Hello all my name is david am new to the forum but have been using linux on 2 home pc for about 3 months and ok so far loving it should have moved over to linux years ago had a few problems at first but with a good search on the net you can usually find an answer pretty quick that is one of the things i like about linux sometimes you may have work at getting a program working how you want it i am having a problem with a netbook at the moment but shall ask question on the appropriate thread if i can help anyone whilst i am a forum member i will but as this is an ubuntu forum and me being new to linux think it will be quite a while before that happens
    David

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky Ball View Post

And to Peter1968. Hope you are not near the bush-fires. Tragic events.
    No, I'm in Northern NSW, near Lismore. No fires around here...yet. The main fires are west of Sydney, about 800 km south of where I am.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by ukdave2 View Post
    Hello all my name is david am new to the forum but have been using linux on 2 home pc for about 3 months and ok so far loving it should have moved over to linux years ago had a few problems at first but with a good search on the net you can usually find an answer pretty quick that is one of the things i like about linux sometimes you may have work at getting a program working how you want it i am having a problem with a netbook at the moment but shall ask question on the appropriate thread if i can help anyone whilst i am a forum member i will but as this is an ubuntu forum and me being new to linux think it will be quite a while before that happens
    David

Hi David,

A very big welcome to you on behalf of all in the forums. May your stay with us be long and enjoyable!

You have all the time in the world to learn as much as you wish - the main thing to remember is to have fun while you are doing it.

Cheers and good luck -
    PopularPages: A very handy Documentation Search Tool used by many.
    PopularPages Wiki Thread
    My New Blog

Beans

Hello, all. TomT here and glad to be!

On a limited budget, I began to put together a Mini ITX H@ckintosh system several weeks ago. I finally had gathered all the parts I needed about a week ago.

Since then, I struggled getting M@c OS to run, and did manage to get up to 10.6.8. Difficulties were because my gigabyte board's bios would not allow booting from a USB drive and the fact that I had a series 6 MB mised with a series 7 CPU (I may have that wrong)..anyway, a Sandy Bridge board with an Ivy Bridge CPU.

After having attempted several times to upgrade and putting in nearly a week of 3-8 hour days of work on this, I had a major light-bulb, 'aha!' moment and decided to go with Ubuntu.

The software loaded without a hitch and instantly made use of both my fully accelerated graphics card (8400gs) and my audio, which none of my installations of the Hacks were able to do.

I am so pleased with this software and I look forward to learning more about it.

I want to thank the community very, very much for its past, current and future efforts! I really love this OS!

Thanks, again and best regards to all!
    TomT

Beans

thanks for the advice.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by djtomt View Post
    Hello, all. TomT here and glad to be!

On a limited budget, I began to put together a Mini ITX H@ckintosh system several weeks ago. I finally had gathered all the parts I needed about a week ago.

Since then, I struggled getting M@c OS to run, and did manage to get up to 10.6.8. Difficulties were because my gigabyte board's bios would not allow booting from a USB drive and the fact that I had a series 6 MB mised with a series 7 CPU (I may have that wrong)..anyway, a Sandy Bridge board with an Ivy Bridge CPU.

After having attempted several times to upgrade and putting in nearly a week of 3-8 hour days of work on this, I had a major light-bulb, 'aha!' moment and decided to go with Ubuntu.

The software loaded without a hitch and instantly made use of both my fully accelerated graphics card (8400gs) and my audio, which none of my installations of the Hacks were able to do.

I am so pleased with this software and I look forward to learning more about it.

I want to thank the community very, very much for its past, current and future efforts! I really love this OS!

Thanks, again and best regards to all!
    TomT
    Hi TomT,

A big wecome to you on behalf of all forums members - that was a very interesting first post!

I am pleased that you are happy about how things are going so far - any questions you have just ask - there are many devoted helpers here.

May your future experiences be just as positive,

Cheers and best wishes -
    PopularPages Wiki Thread
    My New Blog

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Welcome all new people.

As always, be helpful.

Or at least try to be helpful.

And have fun and enjoy yourselves.
    Splat Double Splat Triple Splat
    Earn Your Keep
    Don't mind me, I'm only passing through.
    Once in a blue moon, I'm actually helpful

Beans

Hello all,

I'm new here. I'm a medical student from Canada, been experimenting with linux for the last 2 years on and off in my spare time. Started with Fedora because I liked GNOME. Moved to Ubuntu for the software availability, then discovered Ubuntu-GNOME and have been happy ever since.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by bushell-br View Post
    Hello all,

I'm new here. I'm a medical student from Canada, been experimenting with linux for the last 2 years on and off in my spare time. Started with Fedora because I liked GNOME. Moved to Ubuntu for the software availability, then discovered Ubuntu-GNOME and have been happy ever since.
    Hi bushell-br,

Welcome to you on behalf of all the forums members - it is pleasing that you are enjoying your time with Ubuntu!

There are many Canadians here, we are all really one large happy family from all parts of the world.

May your stay with us be for many years, have fun with whatever you are doing!

Cheers and best wishes -
    PopularPages Wiki Thread
    My New Blog

Page 234 of 389 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234235236244284334 ... LastLast