Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Welcome everyone!
    | My old and mostly abandoned blog |
    Linux user #413984 ; Ubuntu user #178
    J'aime les fraises.
    Nighty night me lovelies!

| Reinstalling Ubuntu ? Please check this bug first ! |
    | Using a ppa ? Please install ppa-purge from universe, you may need it should you want to revert packages back |
    | No support requests / username changes by PM, thanks. |
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Great opportunity to introduce myself!!
    I'm Gabriel and I've been using Ubuntu since the last year. I'm not a total rookie but I'm not an expert neither. Let's just say I'm walking my way through this beautiful OS and enjoying each and every step. The most important aspect that made me choose Ubuntu was its incredible community. I am an open source fanatic, music lover, and Ubuntu evangelist. I am a freelance journalist but I'm also finishing a Master in Corporate Communications, completing a Thesis about online community management. That's about all of it. I hope that I'll be able to help new users and I'm sure I will find very interesting discussions going on here.
    Cheers!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Talking Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Hi all! I have just installed Ubuntu 10.10 and this is my second attempt at learning a new system. I've gotten a lot farther this time around and really happy with it. I just haven't gotten the wireless to work yet but I'll get working eventually by reading all the posts in the wireless section. I have a cable connection right now so I can download all the packages I need and want and a very easy to use! I like the fact that its free. I have nothing against Windows except for the price and being totally reliant on them to fix problems. I hope there are native programs to run the wireless eventually but that should be save for another category. Any-hoo.
    I hope to meet friends on this forum and gain new insights!

Thanks for reading!

Bri

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I just haven't gotten the wireless to work yet but I'll get working eventually by reading all the posts in the wireless section.
    Post over there and we'll be glad to help!
    "Oh, Ubuntu, you are my favorite Linux-based operating system" --Dr. Sheldon Cooper, B.Sc., M.Sc., M.A., Ph.D., Sc.D.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Hello, guys!

I'm Trey, and I'm getting ready to wipe my hard drive and install Ubuntu permanently. I've "experienced" Ubuntu previously (via VM), but I've never actually got around to using it. I've heard Ubuntu can run the only commercial software I ever use on Windows (FL Studio) through Wine. Before that, that was the only reason I never wanted to commit to using Linux regularly.

I'm a generally tech-literate person, so I feel I should be able to get around Ubuntu pretty easily, but if I have any problems, I know where to come!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hi, i finaly got around to becoming a member of the forums that have been helping me solve my ubuntu mysteries for years. Been using ubuntu now for well over 4 years, my pc's are having so much fun! Even my work pc has been ubuntu'd / liberated

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hi Trey, have you thought about dual booting? dead easy i dual boot my pc's because as much as i hate to have to use msw, there are still those little things that msw's does well like support for your graphics card when using direct x intensive programs like graphics editors and games, i just burn a cd or mount the iso image then run and wubii installer does the rest!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Hi everyboody i`m using a ubuntu usb stick as a os and a usb isp , some wrinkles but working for here i am . now if i could get my usb os do my isp id be happy .

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Hi everyone, my name is Kenny. I finally got sick and tired of MS and have reformatted my laptop with Ubuntu 11.04 as of Thursday evening. Still working some bugs out but for the most part I am enjoying Ubuntu. This is a new learning experience for me since I have used MS for over 15 years actively and for over 25 years off and on. I do not have any programming experience. So I am very new to Ubuntu and may have many question that I will search for answers or post if I cannot find the answer I need.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Smile Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Hi, My name is Brandon and im pretty much between noob and expert because i havent learned bash, yet but i can help and im pretty good at computers for my age and have been using ubuntu for almost a year and have gotten use to the terminal
    GNU/Linux IS AWESOME!
    4 Year Veteran of Linux
    [Arch Linux]

Page 81 of 389 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast