Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Welcome to you all.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Time I'd introduce myself.

Hello.

I am Linux user #533453. I have had an interest to Linux for years but I didn't start using it regularly until last year. A few days ago I told Windows bye-bye and broke my XP CD. Never liked the Vista and 7 shell too bloated.. and when XP gave me a hard time with the drivers I thought.... ENOUGH!

Now Natty is my only OS.
    Apart from Linux, I like hamburgers, hotdogs, pizza ...any fast food you can think of, actually..
    Yes.. I like things that are fast.
    Tux for president!
    ========================
    Linux user #533453

Beans

Hello world!
    I'm Pau, and I'm quite new into Ubuntu (and into GNU/Linux in general).

I've come sometimes in this forum searching for answers to my problems, and I always found what I was looking for. Now that I'm starting to learn about computers, I decided to make an account here (and into Launchpad) to be able to help the Ubuntu community as soon as I can!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Hi,

I'm Ben and have been using Linux on the side (primarily Ubuntu) for a while. I decided in 2011 to start using it more and more and now it's my main OS at home. Today I decided to see how I can contribute after being inspired by this post on Planet Ubuntu.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Welcome everyone !
    | My old and mostly abandoned blog |
    Linux user #413984 ; Ubuntu user #178
    J'aime les fraises.
    Nighty night me lovelies!

| Reinstalling Ubuntu ? Please check this bug first ! |
    | Using a ppa ? Please install ppa-purge from universe, you may need it should you want to revert packages back |
    | No support requests / username changes by PM, thanks. |

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Hello there!

I'm Martin and I'm a student from Slovakia. I've been messing with Ubuntu since 8.10 and have switched to Ubuntu as my primary OS approximately a year ago. However, since I have just recently bought the brand-new MacBook Pro, I am now temporarily forced into the Mac OS X world, waiting eagerly for WiFi drivers to come out so that I can again switch back to Linux. I have also successfully introduced my family to Linux, with them using Xubuntu on the desktop computer as the only OS for the basic browsing and work with documents.

I am glad to become a part of this community and look forward to stop by every so often.

Cheers!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Howdy do Neighbors?

Acorn Fox here. Just installed Ubuntu a couple days ago. So far so good. Just saying hi!

Cheers,
    Fox

Beans

Hi there,
    My names Greg and I live in Adelaide, Australia. I have been using Ubuntu since 8.04 off and on. I was so impressed with 11.04 that I have made Ubuntu my only operating system. Even though not perfect (I never expected the first release of a new interface to be perfect) It seems much more professional and has so much more potential that previous releases. Looking forward to 11.10 already.

Beans

And another

From West By God Virginia. I'm too lame to fill out my profile yet, but will after mingling a bit.

The to-do list:

Show up with a working install.......check

Get the first post out of the way.........check

Ask a stupid question..........coming soon

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by psytech View Post
    Hello, I come from years of using Debian. I finally got tired of minimal, totally custom desktops. I believe Ubuntu is by far the best desktop OS.
    This is so totally refreshing to read! We always read about people who say they've "outgrown" Ubuntu, "graduated" to Debian, "removed the training wheels" by switching to "pure Debian," etc.

It is rare to hear of anyone coming the other way! Yet I, too, have "come from Debian to Ubuntu" in a way. Last summer I let my "inner geek" run wild and decided to install and build my own customized, perfect just-for-me Debian mixture. It took several weeks to get it all configured the way I wanted and get all the hardware to work as it should. It was a tedious, grueling process of Googling, searching (and by the way, the folks at Debian Forums don't like kids), and trial-and-error. But here's what gets me:

When I finally, after all that frustration and work, had my perfect Debian/Xfce custom mixture, what I ended up with was almost no different from Xubuntu! I was like, "Omygosh, I could have done this in 20 minutes instead of two months!"

I did learn alot and my inner geek was more than satisfied. But I'm a simple kid for whom a computer is like any other household appliance. I want to run applications, not the operating system.

Still I'm very grateful for Debian, I think it's awesome, and if it weren't for Debian there's be no Xubuntu (nor Knoppix, Mepis, Mint, and dozens of other adaptations and configurations of Debian's awesomeness.

Nevertheless it's refreshing and unusual and not a little satisfying to find another user like me coming to the Ubuntu family from Debian instead of the other way around.

-Robin
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 65 of 336 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115165 ... LastLast