Page 53 of 335 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Hey guys it's cheggs. i've been using ubuntu off and on for a few months and fully switched after hp recovery disks no longer allowed me to install xp (stupid hp). well guess thats all cya around guys!

Beans

Hello everyone at Ubuntu,

I am a computing student and thought I should have a look a Linux OS, so here I am.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Hello, I have some linux experience with OpenSUSE, Tinycore, and Debian. I tried Kubuntu on a loaned computer, and now I use Xubuntu. Really happy with Ubuntu, and glad to be in the community. I really enjoy anti-windows pics (just look at my avatar), so PM me if find a really good one! I'm also a tweaker/modder/hacker, so Ubuntu pleasantly surprised with it's ability for customization.
    Microsoft:"Why do you not use Windows?" Me: "Did you have to ask?"
    Enigmagroup.

Beans

Hey forumers,
    I'm Peter, a senior in chemical engineering at the University of Colorado.

I've been using GNU/Linux (Ubuntu on the Dell laptop and more recently YDL on an iMac G4 I got for real cheap) about 6 months now and can say I enjoy the computing environment.

My main computer related interests include computational chemical engineering and numerical methods. I use MATLAB a lot but am transitioning to GNU Octave, I also do quite a bit of work in Wine/Excel and have probably encountered every possible error that Excel can create while running in Wine.

I thought I'd join the forums to share the solutions to aggravating issues that I've had and look for the answers to problems I might encounter in the future.

Anyways, just thought I wouldn't be a stranger. I have enabled email on my profile in case someone wanted to email me to talk about computational something or rather.
    -Peter

Beans

Hi there,
    I am building my first PVR system and I'm trying mythbuntu for the main mythtv system. Are there many mythbuntu users on the forums?
    Still some installation issues to solve, but I will get there in the end. I have been using Linux for a couple of years now, mainly Mandriva to date.
    I ditched micro$oft sometime ago.

Carlton.

Welcome to the forums

Beans

Hi, I'm from Puerto Rico, my first experience with ubuntu and linux started in 2006 but wasn't truly converted until 2008, now I won't let linux go because it made me free from that virus called ms windows. In my island there's a lot of ubuntu users I didn't knew that before, I tought I was the only one using linux here but I was wrong, so I'm going now, have a happy linux day!
    Ubuntu 10.10 & Mepis Linux 11: Gigabyte G41M-ES2L: 2Giga ram: Intel Pentium II 2.60 Ghz dual core: Wireless: wmp54g ver.4.1: Western digital 500 gb hdd sata. PRINTER: CANON PIXMA MP250.

Beans

Hello! Pretty new user to Ubuntu and Linux based products. Recently put 10.10 on a Netbook that I plan on using for around the job/house stuff.

Glad to be here, can't wait to dive into the ubuntu society and learn!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Thumbs up Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Hey Ubuntu members! My name is Branden and I'm living in North Carolina near the coast. Other than the beach traffic it's a lovely place to live. I was raised in a disciplined home. I attained my father's and mother's do-it-yourself attitude that you shouldn't depend on anyone when you're perfectly capable of doing it yourself. I enjoy working on things myself such changing my own motor oil.

Many years back while I was a child my grandfather bought us a Compaq desktop with Windows 98. Ever since then it had been a gradual learning experience up till now. I decided that I'd learn advanced computer knowledge so I can work on them whenever I felt like it and didn't have to give it to a repair man every time something went haywire. As of today I've built three computer rigs.

My interests however, span out much farther than just computers. I've always had a passion for off-road racing along with various adrenaline sports. Riding off-road is a love of mine that gives me a sense of freedom. Going the fastest I can go through the roughest terrain gives me a thrill like no other. If I were given the chance to get behind the wheel of an Formula one car or other vehicle, they'd be hard pressed to keep me from pushing it to the max. lol Watching it on TV on the other hand is boring as well as another story.

Other hobbies slash interests for me have been history and language. I've always found it to be fascinating looking back at past cultures seeing how people lived, worked and socialized. My interest in the different languages other than my own started when I was still a youngster. It is my goal to be fluent in more than a few languages so I can get insight into past cultures. At the moment I speak basic Japanese, Spanish and Latin. It is a gradual process that I need more discipline at. lol

Animals have brought me comfort over the years with their company. Wildlife is another thing I love to see. I was asked if I had a choice what I could be reincarnated as, what would that be... I said I'd like to be a tiger. The gentlemen I worked with said monkeys. lol Funny enough a woman I knew came up to us not knowing our answers then said she'd love to be a tiger too.

That's a few things about myself, so I'll stop here. Glad to be apart of the forums. See you guys around!
    Last edited by carolinabranden; March 6th, 2011 at 05:33 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

As-salamualaikum, I am Toufique Imam. I am from Bangladesh. I am using ubuntu from 9.10.This is my 1st linux distro.

Page 53 of 335 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast