Page 391 of 391 FirstFirst ... 291341381389390391
Results 3,901 to 3,910 of 3910

Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Beans

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Long time Linux user. Earliest experience was with Red Hat and Mandrake around 99-00. Started with Ubuntu Warty (4.10) when I received my pack of CD's. Have used many of the current and previous Ubuntu flavors and many other Distros over the years. Ubuntu 24.04 has been the best yet in my experience. (I can work my way around the Arch and Gentoo based distros, but am no look for something that just works.)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Programmer, gamer, long-time Linux (but also Windows) user and former Solaris user

// vulkan-api.hpp
    #include "graphic-api.hpp"
    class VulkanApi : public GraphicApi::Impl {
    public:
    VulkanApi(const Window& window);
    virtual void render() {};
    private:
    // private members and methods related to Vulkan API
    vk::UniqueInstance instance;
    // ...
    };

Beans

I signed up for this forum as a 10th grader in high school and realized I still had access to it today 20 years later.

hey Everyone

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Welcome back mikeymike
    Cheers,

The Linux Command Line at http://linuxcommand.org/

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Wow, what a coincidence, old timer here as well! Began around 5.04 Hoary Hedgehog, switched to Kubuntu when Ubuntu went Unity. I quit Linux around 8 years ago because of bad experiences with all releases from 14.10 to 16.04 on my hardware. I wasn't active much on this forum because I was rather active on the French ones.

Windows 11 made me come back. I had changed my career track, in which I now spend my time in Linux, and decided to clean the windows out. I first installed Manjaro KDE (too much maintenance and instability), then Pop!_OS (nice, but still GNOME 3 with its lack of native customization), KDE Neon (really nice for a while), and the unstable Plasma 6 release made me come back to Kubuntu.

I was pleasantly surprised by Mantic. And now, by Noble.

I have to say though: I wasn't missing vBulletin.

Beans

I've been a GNU/Linux user for the past 20 + odd years as of the last year or two. I've used Ubuntu in the past however, I've floated between Debian and it's derivatives. I started out back in the days where you where required to use bw43-cutter package to download the Windows driver for your braodrcom based WiFi or Ethernet adapter.

Beans

i've use gnu/linux for about 9 years, my main distro was ubuntu, but in between i switched to other distros like fedora and arch. now i want to be active in the community so i join this forum.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 24.04 Noble Numbat

amg76 - Hello

i want to be active in the community so i join this forum.
    Just make yourself at home

no place like home
    THE current(cy) in Documentation:
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/PopularPages

Happy ubuntu'n !

Beans

Hello Everyone,
    My name is Troy. I first started using Ubuntu about 2 years ago. At the time I was a painter, and that winter business was a little slow. My boss had gotten into the pallets auctions at Cargo Largo and Retail Rebel. I had found a pallet that looked like it mostly contained DVDs (which no one gets as they don't sell). But under the DVDs was a large box that had a small hole in it. Through that hole I noticed a computer monitor, a set of headphones various wires and what I thought at first was a small air hockey table. We got the pallets for $45. It had 15 laptops, 5 pair of Sennheiser Wireless ANC headphones numerous Jabra headsets the "air Hockey" table turned out to be a 70" Sharp high definition computer monitor. The laptops all came from Solar Winds IT company out of OK. I had tried all the standard tricks for reinstalling windows, but It kept installing Windows pro and wanted a domain login, as this would make them harder to sell, my boss asked if we could just replace the hard drives. I answered yes, but it was then that I remembered about Linux. So I did a little research and decided to go with Ubuntu. This let me install a new OS overwriting Windows then reinstall Windows on the laptops that we would be selling. I ended up making a sell to my local computer repair guy for $600. Awesome profit margin so as a bonus my boss let me keep a total of 5 laptops, though 2 of those were a bit older and didn't have a very good resale value, one being a low end Lenovo yoga touchscreen and the other an Asus T100T transformer running Win 8. The others, Lenovo Thinkpad T420, Dell Latitude 5490 Intel Core i7 with thunderbolt port, and an HP Zbook Intel Core i5. Having those to play with I checked out various Linux Distros and eventually settled on Ubuntu. Mow I am working a factory job making hot sauce while taking classes online at FullSail for cyber security, having been awarded a scholarship that cover whatever is left over after exhausting all student aide. I am also pursuing my own extracurricular studies involving learning Linux in depth and then moving on to programming and networking. My current computers are a Lenovo Ideapad 3 with AMD Risen 7 and Radeon graphics upgraded to 20GB RAM, and the new MacBook Pro I was given by FullSail as part of my tuition. I lokforward to interacting with everyone (not Literally of course) here.

Beans

Hello Everyone,
    My name is Troy. I first started using Ubuntu about 2 years ago. At the time I was a painter, and that winter business was a little slow. My boss had gotten into the pallets auctions at Cargo Largo and Retail Rebel. I had found a pallet that looked like it mostly contained DVDs (which no one gets as they don't sell). But under the DVDs was a large box that had a small hole in it. Through that hole I noticed a computer monitor, a set of headphones various wires and what I thought at first was a small air hockey table. We got the pallets for $45. It had 15 laptops, 5 pair of Sennheiser Wireless ANC headphones numerous Jabra headsets the "air Hockey" table turned out to be a 70" Sharp high definition computer monitor. The laptops all came from Solar Winds IT company out of OK. I had tried all the standard tricks for reinstalling windows, but It kept installing Windows pro and wanted a domain login, as this would make them harder to sell, my boss asked if we could just replace the hard drives. I answered yes, but it was then that I remembered about Linux, hentaiz 3d. So I did a little research and decided to go with Ubuntu. This let me install a new OS overwriting Windows then reinstall Windows on the laptops that we would be selling. I ended up making a sell to my local computer repair guy for $600. Awesome profit margin so as a bonus my boss let me keep a total of 5 laptops, though 2 of those were a bit older and didn't have a very good resale value, one being a low end Lenovo yoga touchscreen and the other an Asus T100T transformer running Win 8. The others, Lenovo Thinkpad T420, Dell Latitude 5490 Intel Core i7 with thunderbolt port, and an HP Zbook Intel Core i5. Having those to play with I checked out various Linux Distros and eventually settled on Ubuntu. Mow I am working a factory job making hot sauce while taking classes online at FullSail for cyber security, having been awarded a scholarship that cover whatever is left over after exhausting all student aide. I am also pursuing my own extracurricular studies involving learning Linux in depth and then moving on to programming and networking. My current computers are a Lenovo Ideapad 3 with AMD Risen 7 and Radeon graphics upgraded to 20GB RAM, and the new MacBook Pro I was given by FullSail as part of my tuition. I lokforward to interacting with everyone (not Literally of course) here.
    Welcome, Troy. And hello to all newcomers. Good luck and enjoy the forums!
    Last edited by ingridguerci94; 1 Week Ago at 06:48 AM.

Page 391 of 391 FirstFirst ... 291341381389390391