Page 379 of 389 FirstFirst ... 279329369377378379380381 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,790 of 3886

Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Beans

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Hello all! I am not really new new to Linux, but have tried it & shied away many times since about 2019.
    With the impetus of what is happening in both Windows & Mac I am determined to get fully up to speed with Ubuntu using the studio version to move all my recording stuff into it.
    So far I have successfully installed a lot o my Linux-compliant applications and audio/MIDI plugins & have Reaper (Linux version) working just fine.
    However, I am now trying to figure out how to install WINE so I can start using as many of my Windows based plugins as I can, VST2.4 and Vst3 if possible.
    Several people have told me to "install WINE - it is dead easy & will fix everything for you" but I have fallen at the first hurdle.
    I cant seem to enter my password in the terminal window, which it insists I have to do in order to change to/add the 32bit capability that WINE evidently requires.
    I suppose this COULD be something as simple as the terminal not bothering to reassure me that I AM entering my password when I try to enter it, but I would appreciate a little help putting me in the right direction, even if it is only to tell me which bit of the RTFM I should read.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Hello and welcome to the Forums.

This thread is not in a support sub-forum. If you have a support request, please start a new thread in one of the support forums. In this case, the WINE sub-forum might be best.

Again, welcome!
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Hello folks. Coming back to Linux after several years off. I'm 66 this month and living alone. I like it that way, no demands. Ubuntu rocks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Welcome psychohermit.!
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans

Hi everyone!

I am very new to Ubuntu, used it on work as file system for certain projects and I was somehow draw into it. Had a few beers with a programmer friend and he convinced me to give Linux a chance.

I fully replaced my Win10 with Ubuntu 20.04 and I like it so far. There is a lot to learn, but I'm looking forward to using my new system! I would like to get my head around bash scripting so I can automate some stuff around projects both personal and stuff I do in free time for extra money.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

tomislav.stasina

Welcome to the good side.

For bash scripting I highly recommend:
    http://mywiki.wooledge.org/FullBashGuide

keep in mind
    it's ubuntu
    given the support, we can do all things
    THE current(cy) in Documentation:
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/PopularPages

Happy ubuntu'n !

Beans

Hello, my name is Tim. I just purchased a Ubuntu laptop and I'm having fun with it. I used to work in a Linux environment years ago so I'm kinda familiar with the terminal and basic functionality. But now that I have broken my bluetooth and found a legit bug with hardinfo, my learning curve is skyrocketing from what it was back then. I look forward to working with the community of users and developers to fix my bluetooth and anything I else happen to break along the way. lol

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Hello and welcome to the forum timro669.

Beans
    Hidden!

@timro669,

You are very welcome to the Ubuntu Forums

Beans

Hello Everyone, I'm new member of ubuntu family always trying to explore new things & places and ready to share my experience with everyone.

Page 379 of 389 FirstFirst ... 279329369377378379380381 ... LastLast