it does add a charm to your e-persona like jokes do to mine
    "Meddle not with roos; thou art crunchy and grasshopper-like" ※The SABRFL※

Last edited by ubunterooster; 1 Minute ago

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Smile Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

hi,

i have been around the forums for over a year now. i just noticed this thread.

so Hi!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Hey folks!

Let me introduce myself

Beans

Hello, my name is Zach (hard to guess that one I'm sure )

I just started using Ubuntu about 4 months ago I think and so far I love it. I'm definitely not the smartest with computers, although I know a little bit. I definitely don't know much about Ubuntu, but I'm learning. I'm hoping someday I might actually be able to help someone else because I'm sure I'll be getting plenty of it

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Hello, I'm Jenny. I tried using Ubuntu a couple of years ago on my Macbook, and it didn't seem to like it. Now I've tried again with 9.10, and getting a better experience with it.

I'm looking to see if Ubuntu would be a better place to do all my photo editing because right now I'm having to fight with iPhoto to get all my RAW files out of it. Any new ones are going straight to my external drive, and backed up on DVD.

Any photographers are welcome to contact me with what they're doing.

Any advice to building a PC to strictly run Ubuntu to its fullest is also welcomed.

Thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by untmdsprt View Post
    Hello, I'm Jenny. I tried using Ubuntu a couple of years ago on my Macbook, and it didn't seem to like it. Now I've tried again with 9.10, and getting a better experience with it.

I'm looking to see if Ubuntu would be a better place to do all my photo editing because right now I'm having to fight with iPhoto to get all my RAW files out of it. Any new ones are going straight to my external drive, and backed up on DVD.

Any photographers are welcome to contact me with what they're doing.

Any advice to building a PC to strictly run Ubuntu to its fullest is also welcomed.

Thanks!
    Hi Jenny.

I am using GIMP for my image processing and Picasa to upload my image on the web. I am currently running Ubuntu 9.10 on my computer. The spec for building a computer, I believe would Intel Core2Duo, 2GB RAM, 300GB hard disk (doesn't matter really), nVidia Graphic card, DVD RW drive and a LCD monitor with the size of your choice. That's all you need. Enjoy!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Hey,

Recently decided to look at Linux and on the same day decided I'd had enough of windows and installed Ubuntu 9.10. Didn't dual boot just went whole hog. I'm learning s-l-o-w-l-y and hitting some roadblocks but Ubuntu is freedom. Look forward to asking questions.

J

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Hi all. I'm Chris, new to the forums but not new to Ubuntu. I did some work on Unix back about 20 years ago, and in the last 10 years have used Linux on and off. I have followed Ubuntu for some time, and after seeing some of the features of 10.04, decided it was time to get back to using a real OS.

As for who I am, I am a SFC in the US Army, currently stationed in Germany and deployed to Afghanistan. 16 years and counting...

Beans

Smile Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Hello! I am Travis. I use the fourm to help people with the stuff that I know how to do and to also find help for my problems.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I see that you have made a creative thread. Well I have been using 9.10 Karmic for about 4 weeks now, and I am really loving it. And right now I am thinking about upgrading to 10.04 Lucid Lynx, and I am also thinking that this new version might help me. Also I have a friend that is also on this forum-ttshivers and I think he is going to give me a live CD that I can install the new version of Linux from.
    Feel free to contact me at cuberts@gmail.com if you have any questions. Also, Irssi is RAD!~

Page 3 of 389 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast