Page 251 of 338 FirstFirst ... 151201241249250251252253261301 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,510 of 3380

Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 16.10 Yakkety Yak

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Quote Originally Posted by jrozo17 View Post
    Hoping to jump back into Ubuntu/Linux when 14.04 comes out... Not to get too off of topic, but, does anyone know why Ubuntu doesn't have the 'wubi.exe' option anymore? I quite liked installing the OS as a program as opposed to have it permanently formatted onto my hard drive. Guess this time I'll have to be committed.
    Wubi didn't work well under Windows 8. A real dual boot is the way to go now.
    Bringing old hardware back to life. About problems due to upgrading.
    Please visit Quick Links -> Unanswered Posts
    Don't use this space for a list of your hardware. It only creates false hits in the search engines.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by Korkel View Post
    Didn't see this thread, lmao.

My name is Korkel. 19 years old, from the Korkel planet.
    Hi and welcome Korkel,

I see that you have already contributed to the forums over the last few days - I trust you are enjoying Ubuntu and your stay here!

Cheers and good luck -
    PopularPages: A very handy Documentation Search Tool used by many.
    PopularPages Wiki Thread
    My New Blog

Beans

Cool Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

HPZgod here. As a coffee snob, I prefer to drink artisan-roasted beans, so I gravitated away from MS to Herr Thorworlds' plantation. Having fun so far...

Interests? Debian Wheezy platforms, by and large, as I am a security analyst-in-training. IMHO, Ubuntu is the future rival to xpocalyps'd PC's; on-board for the ride.

School calls and so I prolly won't be very active but when I am ... I will be, Trollzzz!

Thousand grazies &etc ...

Bain Graveborne
    God of the HPZ
    Last edited by lisati; March 20th, 2014 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Fix typo for MS

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by hpzgod View Post
    HPZgod here. As a coffee snob, I prefer to drink artisan-roasted beans, so I gravitated away from MS to Herr Thorworlds' plantation. Having fun so far...

Interests? Debian Wheezy platforms, by and large, as I am a security analyst-in-training. IMHO, Ubuntu is the future rival to xpocalyps'd PC's; on-board for the ride.

School calls and so I prolly won't be very active but when I am ... I will be, Trollzzz!

Thousand grazies &etc ...

Bain Graveborne
    God of the HPZ
    Hi hpzgod,

A big welcome to you on behalf of all forums members - may your stay with us be long and enjoyable -

I trust that you will find many here that share your interests! - but don't forget to have fun.

Cheers and good luck -
    PopularPages Wiki Thread
    My New Blog

Beans

Salutations! You can call me E.
    I have recently been gifted with Ubuntu 13.10 from a friend after a failed Windows 7 recovery.
    So far I am enjoying figuring my way around this new OS. I am excited to learn more about the customizable nature of Linux-based systems.
    I hope to find good resources through the Ubuntu forums.

Toodle-loo! :3

Beans
    Distro

Welcome Necro, if you have any questions, feel free to ask or you can search and see if it's been asked already. It can be quite the change, but we're here to help you out.

Enjoy! =D
    Dell XP 8700 - Windows 10 64-bit Fast Ring - i7 4790 8GB 1GB 250GB SSD 1TB HDD
    HP Stream 13 - elementary Loki 64-bit
    HP Envy M6 - Windows 10 64-bit

Beans

I am Torbjörn Ferdman from south Sweden. Have been using Ubuntu/Xubuntu/Kubuntu for some years know. Usually installs an Ubuntu flavour on peoples computers when asked to fix a stable solution for their kids/grandmas etc. Run three Ubuntu computers at home and one at work. I am originally a programmer, but I try to avoid spending time on maintenance and fancy hacking. Did some Unix ages ago. Ubuntu 10.04 has worked great for me. Did not fancy Unity and have altered between Ubuntu 10.04/10.10 and Xubuntu 12.04 depending on what I want to accomplish.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Torbjrn_Ferdman View Post
    I am Torbjörn Ferdman from south Sweden. Have been using Ubuntu/Xubuntu/Kubuntu for some years know. Usually installs an Ubuntu flavour on peoples computers when asked to fix a stable solution for their kids/grandmas etc. Run three Ubuntu computers at home and one at work. I am originally a programmer, but I try to avoid spending time on maintenance and fancy hacking. Did some Unix ages ago. Ubuntu 10.04 has worked great for me. Did not fancy Unity and have altered between Ubuntu 10.04/10.10 and Xubuntu 12.04 depending on what I want to accomplish.
    Hi Torbjörn,

A big welcome to you on behalf of all forum members - now that you have finally got here you will be especially welcome!

I would be wary of expecting too much more from your Ubuntu 10.04 - remember that you will not be receiving security updates as EOL has been reached.

You are indeed a Ubuntu fan with four computers - it is great that you can supply so much support to others too!

Your help in the forums would be great, but remember to have fun.

Cheers -
    PopularPages Wiki Thread
    My New Blog

Beans

New to forum

Mod if this is in the wrong place please move.

I'm not new to Linux or Ubuntu, but I am new to this board so this is my introduction. I've used Linux/Ubuntu professionally for a few years and have been using various Linux distros for personal use. I probably won't be answering anyone's questions for a while, but I'll be picking brains left and right I'm sure.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: New to forum

Welcome to the forums, sam44!

Thread moved to The Cafe.

Page 251 of 338 FirstFirst ... 151201241249250251252253261301 ... LastLast