Results 2,491 to 2,500 of 3890

Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Tantrum View Post
    Okay, people, hello. My name is HeroicLove aka TinkerTantrum. And while I am not new to Ubuntu Forums, I am visiting the mobile website for the first time and I mist say it's been a long-time-coming. It looks great and now I can keep up with the latest news and updates at home or on the go. Smiles.
    Hi Tinker Tantrum,

A big welcome to you on behalf of all in the forums - It's great that you are enjoying your time with Ubuntu!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Johnston View Post
    Hi All,

I am new to Linux, only about two weeks of using and started with Ubuntu and then tried Mint but have already researched a lot of reviews and forums and settled on Ubuntu. I truly think it is an amazing distro and hope to have many years on enjoyment. I for one like Unity and the feel of Ubuntu.

This is also my introduction to the forums as I am overwhelmed by the camaraderie and support of this community. I am glad to be here and thank you for your patience with me while I learn Linux.

Joe
    Hi to you too Joe,

As you indicate, there are literally thousands in the community, so many of whom supply unbelievable support in the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by woodwork78 View Post
    My name's Aaron. I'm a woodworker with a computer hobby. I have a few machines and love them all. First started using ubuntu about 5 years ago but got away from it. Came back in the past couple months and was thoroughly impressed. Running 14.04 on a couple machines with few bugs. Even restored a few old windows laptops without a hitch. Good job everyone for contributing. I'd like to do what I can to help. I figure running pre-released versions is a good start. I'm still learning a lot so if there is anything else I can do to contribute please let me know. Again, keep up the good work!
    Hi Aaron,

There has been considerable improvement in Ubuntu over the last 5 years hasn't there? And so many Distros to choose from too!

To each of you three, join in and contribute in the forums whenever you feel comfortable doing so - and remember as so many do - have fun!

Cheers and best wishes -
    PopularPages: A very handy Documentation Search Tool used by many.
    PopularPages Wiki Thread
    My New Blog

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Welcome to all the new members as I am! This is going to be so much fun!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Nice to see you woodwork and a concise introduction Joe_J. x Have fun while you're here and if you're not, something is not right! We continue to learn.

Beans

Hello All!

My name is Ed and I am a 30 year old computer system engineering student trying to learn linux. I figured the great support of Ubuntu would further that goal... Now only if it would install on my desktop....

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky Ball View Post
    Nice to see you woodwork and a concise introduction Joe_J. x Have fun while you're here and if you're not, something is not right! We continue to learn.
    That will not be a problem as I love Ubuntu and this community!!! Thank you for the welcome!

Joe

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Ed_Woosley View Post
    Hello All!

My name is Ed and I am a 30 year old computer system engineering student trying to learn linux. I figured the great support of Ubuntu would further that goal... Now only if it would install on my desktop....
    Hi Ed,

Welcome to the forums on behalf of all members - I trust oldfred will be able to assist you with your problem - if anyone can he can!

You are in the right place to learn all you wish about linux - there are many helpful people here.

Cheers and best wishes -
    PopularPages Wiki Thread
    My New Blog

Beans

Hello, I'm Miranda. Been using Ubuntu 12.04 LTS for maybe a year and a half now on a pretty old (2008) Sony Vaio. Although I do use a PC with Windows rarely, and mainly my Macbook Pro for working with the Adobe Suite and clients. I almost have the best of all 3 worlds.

I can't wait to dump all my questions and problems onto you guys! (Just kidding). I put my Ubuntu Vaio away for about 6 months because I ran into some issues and I think my Macbook was getting jealous anyways. It has returned from it comatose state so I'm ready to start learning more about linux again. Thanks!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by helveteca View Post
    Hello, I'm Miranda. Been using Ubuntu 12.04 LTS for maybe a year and a half now on a pretty old (2008) Sony Vaio. Although I do use a PC with Windows rarely, and mainly my Macbook Pro for working with the Adobe Suite and clients. I almost have the best of all 3 worlds.

I can't wait to dump all my questions and problems onto you guys! (Just kidding). I put my Ubuntu Vaio away for about 6 months because I ran into some issues and I think my Macbook was getting jealous anyways. It has returned from it comatose state so I'm ready to start learning more about linux again. Thanks!
    Hi Miranda,

A big welcome to you on behalf of all in the forums - there are many people here that will be happy to answer all your questions!

Many of us here still use Windows, typically for programs that aren't found in Linux, there aren't always alternatives.

I trust that you will be with us for many years Miranda - cheers, good luck and have fun! -
    PopularPages Wiki Thread
    My New Blog

Beans

Hey everyone, I joined these forums when I was 16 and in high school. So while I'm not technically NEW, I'm now 21 and have been on a long long hiatus (5 years) from this site. I barely even recognize it anymore!

Hoping to jump back into Ubuntu/Linux when 14.04 comes out... Not to get too off of topic, but, does anyone know why Ubuntu doesn't have the 'wubi.exe' option anymore? I quite liked installing the OS as a program as opposed to have it permanently formatted onto my hard drive. Guess this time I'll have to be committed.

It's good to see the community thriving even more. With tablets overtaking the market these past few years, I've often wondered how things back at the Linux forums were going.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Didn't see this thread, lmao.

My name is Korkel. 19 years old, from the Korkel planet.

Page 250 of 389 FirstFirst ... 150200240248249250251252260300350 ... LastLast