Page 241 of 348 FirstFirst ... 141191231239240241242243251291341 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,410 of 3480

Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Beans

Howdy All!

2014 is here! Gonna be a great year for me: get my first SS check in Feb =D> anyway I'm starting the year off right by renouncing my support of Microsoft. I've been switching all my computers over to Ubuntu although I'll probably do a duel boot on one or two. One laptop has gone boots up, my fault. Immediately after inserting the install disc I remembered the files on the desktop I forgot to copy. When nothing I tried would stop it I did a force shutdown. Damn thing's locked up tighter than a Corvette parked in the Ghetto. The rest of the 32 bit installs went well, well probably to well as I installed it on a couple of desktops that should have gotten 64 bit. The 64 bit install disc I made doesn't want to work but that's a topic for another thread. I picked up a couple of off lease duel cores cheap last spring (small form factor). I put new DVD burners in them when I got them but left them with 1 GB ram. These things will hold 8 GB of ram but I'm only going 4 GB each, plenty for what I do. Anyway I ordered 4 GB of ram $72 and a new 1 TB SATA-111-HHD for one $39. after rebate! Pleasant surprise that's half what I paid for 4 GB of ram and an 80 GB SATA-1 not many years ago. When researching which ram to get the computers manual said it was okay to mix different kinds of ram so in the other one I added the 1 GB stick from the other one plus 2 GB of a slower speed from a Compaq I decided to junk. Manual was correct, no problem. Lightning fast. That's my line-up and lol I've got questions.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Hi, y'all! I'm Raphael. I've been using ubuntu for 6 months. I have a 2005 iBook G4 with 1 GB of ram, a cr-48, and a macbook pro 2006.
    I'm a speedcuber, and I like 15 puzzle as well.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Welcome everyone, and happy new year
    | My old and mostly abandoned blog |
    Linux user #413984 ; Ubuntu user #178
    J'aime les fraises.
    Nighty night me lovelies!

| Reinstalling Ubuntu ? Please check this bug first ! |
    | Using a ppa ? Please install ppa-purge from universe, you may need it should you want to revert packages back |
    | No support requests / username changes by PM, thanks. |
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by bapoumba View Post
    Welcome everyone, and happy new year
    YES

A warm welcome to all new 'buntu users and forum members.
    As always, have fun.
    Splat Double Splat Triple Splat
    Earn Your Keep
    Don't mind me, I'm only passing through.
    Once in a blue moon, I'm actually helpful

Beans

Hi all,

Been lurking around the forum for a few months after first trying out, liking and installing Xubuntu 13.04 so now I've finally decided to take the plunge and join in. As a newbie I'm not sure how much I'll be able to offer, probably I'll be taking more than giving, at least at the start.

(I'm not even sure I've got my font settings right atm, so Mods/Admin please correct it if necessary.)

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Hi and welcome andmarkin. Looks like the default font and size to me so all good there. You shouldn't need to adjust anything.

Beans

Hello! I'm new here. We use Ubuntu at the University And I'm trying to post a thread.But line breaks aren't preserved.testinglinebreaks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by Kalabasa View Post
    Hello! I'm new here. We use Ubuntu at the University And I'm trying to post a thread.But line breaks aren't preserved.testinglinebreaks
    Welcome to the forums !

If you are writing text on a text editor on Ubuntu then opening it on Windows, the line breaks won't persist by default, because Windows handles them differently. To preserve it, make sure to select "Line Ending" to be in "Windows" format while saving the document.

The difference is that the Unix/Linux uses only one non-printable character "\n" to mark end of a line (\n=newline), while Windows uses two characters - "\r\n" to mark the same (\r=return).
    Varun
    Help others by marking threads as [SOLVED], if they are. (See how)
    Wireless Script | Use Code Tags

Beans

Hi everyone my name is Cameron I have been using Ubuntu for roughly 4 years now. I have basic knowledge of the terminal and ubuntu in general, all the knowledge I have gained is from some books or tutorials but I will try my best to help.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by addictedtodreads View Post
    Hi everyone my name is Cameron I have been using Ubuntu for roughly 4 years now. I have basic knowledge of the terminal and ubuntu in general, all the knowledge I have gained is from some books or tutorials but I will try my best to help.

Hi Cameron,

A big welcome to you on behalf of all in the forums - if you jump in to help from time to time that will be much appreciated!

One of the main things to remember is to have fun in your time here - hopefully you will be with us for a long time.

Cheers and best wishes -
    PopularPages: A very handy Documentation Search Tool used by many.
    PopularPages Wiki Thread
    My New Blog

Page 241 of 348 FirstFirst ... 141191231239240241242243251291341 ... LastLast