Results 2,391 to 2,400 of 3380

Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Quote Originally Posted by macguges View Post
    I think I just figured out that if I want someone to appear in my Friends list, that person first needs to confirm my Friend request. But I haven't been able to confirm that yet.
    Welcome. Yes, you need send them a request which is then be confirmed by them, but this is a non-support thread in a non-support area so if you have questions, please post a new thread in one of the support areas.

If you've tackled LFS and won then you are going to be helpful around here. Enjoy!

Beans

first post for me...been watching linux on the side lines for years.
    running an old Asus A7V8X-X with AMD athlon 2600+!!!! I was told my MB was bad....video card was dying...and HD javaized by virus....

used video card $12...dban-i386.....running Ubuntu 12.04.3 LTS 32 bit...Goodbye windows forever...

I was a digital HW designer ICs...back in 2008..."they" are done with me now at 53.
    maybe I'll start writing firware driver code..who knows..

anyway...hello.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by shurur9 View Post
    maybe I'll start writing firware driver code..who knows..

anyway...hello.
    Welcome and go right ahead!

Beans

I'm back again as I'm home over Christmas and am finally getting a chance to fix up my Windows 8 machine. I've just done a clean install of 8.1 and thought I'd try set up an Ubuntu VM again. Working really smoothly so far, posting from it now Just trying to find cool things to use it for. Merry Christmas!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Hi Folks! I'm Skip, been using Ubuntu off and on since about 2005. On because I love it, and off because it drove me up the wall. When a nasty virus finally toasted my beloved Windoze laptop last week, I decided to try once more and if I could finally get Ubuntu wifi to work this time, I was in. Downloaded and installed 12.04 and it was amazing! It recognized and configured every driver, set up the wifi and downloaded the appropriate driver updates while I sat there watching it all happen in utter amazement. I'M IN! Since I'm an old (really old) DOS guy, the command prompt and terminal stuff is not as intimidating as it might be, and I always love a challenge. To a point, anyway. I'm looking forward to some quality time on this Forum!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Hi riverguy99. Enjoy the forums, the OS and the learning curve.

Beans

Hello all new to this forum

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Good evening! (for me)

Recently settled back in to Kubuntu. I have never really been a Windows fan. I like the flexibility and functionality I can get out of my systems now that I have my entire network set up with Kubuntu. So I figured I would join the forums and maybe learn some new things or even help others.

Beans

Hello everyone. I'm fairly new to Ubuntu,but so far it's been a fun experience. I dual booted Ubuntu 12.04 with Windows 7 on my old laptop(HP Compaq 6710b)a little over a year ago,and have been messing around with it off and on. It's been a learning/frustrating at times/fun learning experience.
    I look forward to learning more about Ubuntu,sharing..and helping if I can.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by curtis.kwong View Post
    Hello all new to this forum
    Quote Originally Posted by alan.e.redding View Post
    Good evening! (for me)

Recently settled back in to Kubuntu. I have never really been a Windows fan. I like the flexibility and functionality I can get out of my systems now that I have my entire network set up with Kubuntu. So I figured I would join the forums and maybe learn some new things or even help others.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwa3rd View Post
    Hello everyone. I'm fairly new to Ubuntu,but so far it's been a fun experience. I dual booted Ubuntu 12.04 with Windows 7 on my old laptop(HP Compaq 6710b)a little over a year ago,and have been messing around with it off and on. It's been a learning/frustrating at times/fun learning experience.
    I look forward to learning more about Ubuntu,sharing..and helping if I can.
    Hi and welcome to the latest trio of forums members!

If you ever have problems simply ask for help, there are many people here willing to give you assistance.

May your stay in the forums be long and enjoyable!

Cheers and Happy New Year -
    PopularPages: A very handy Documentation Search Tool used by many.
    PopularPages Wiki Thread
    My New Blog

Page 240 of 338 FirstFirst ... 140190230238239240241242250290 ... LastLast